Edge

Is anyone staying in Fontana lodge starting from Wed or Thu?

Hi folks,

So I have an unusual request, and I'm hoping someone is in a position to help. My wife Susan and daughter Noelle may be joining me for MOTD, but they would come separately in Susan's (non-MINI) car, and only be there for the first half of the week (before it gets crazy). The thing is, Susan isn't comfortable with a 9 hour drive by herself and with Noelle in the rear-facing baby seat the whole way. So the latest plan is for my mother-in-law, Betty, to come along for the trip as well. The current plan is either for the 3 of them to go down on Monday and leave on Thursday, or go down on Sunday and leave on Wednesday.

The catch? I already have a King bed room reserved in the lodge, where Susan and Noelle could stay with me (we'll bring a pack-and-play crib), but nowhere for Betty to stay.

What I'm asking for is if anyone already has a Fontana Village lodge room booked from either Wednesday or Thursday for the main event, if they would be willing to extend their reservation to start on Sunday or Monday instead... and allow Betty to use the room for the earlier part of the week, prior to your arrival - and they would depart the same day you arrive. We would of course pay for the added cost of the extra days.

I've already tried calling Fontana - they put us on the wait-list... which I found surprising because I figured they wouldn't be completely full until Thursday. We can't wait for the wait-list, we need to find a room in the Fontana lodge, or else none of them can go (and I'll have to shorten my MOTD visit, too). They'll be sharing the one car so Betty staying elsewhere just won't work.

Please let us know if you're in a position to help with this problem! Thank you! :)

Edited by Edge

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

You guys can have my room if we can find some place for me. I tried to get my room from Sunday on but couldn't.  I have it from Tuesday on. I do not know if this is any help. But some one might have a room in a cabin. My room is down the hall from you.

13 hours ago, CarlB said:

You guys can have my room if we can find some place for me. I tried to get my room from Sunday on but couldn't.  I have it from Tuesday on. I do not know if this is any help. But some one might have a room in a cabin. My room is down the hall from you.

@CarlB Since you're with us till Tuesday you could move to couch dweller later in the week

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

19 hours ago, CarlB said:

5 hours ago, TGGRRR (Ali) said:

@CarlB Since you're with us till Tuesday you could move to couch dweller later in the week

2 hours ago, CarlB said:

I do not mind going to the sofa. Edge let me know what you want to do.

Wow, you guys are amazing! :)

Carl - any chance you could extend your reservation to start on Monday, instead of Tuesday? Or have they told you that Tuesday is the earliest it is available?

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

1 hour ago, CarlB said:

I tried - I wanted to extend my normal room from Tuesday to Sunday but was told Simone else had it. That is why I got with Ally.

Monday night if you don't find anything Betty can stay on the couch in our cabin. Not the best but it's an option.

Tggrrr010.jpg

3 minutes ago, CarlB said:

I will move to the couch earlier if that works for everyone.

You only have to move to the couch the nights that Laura is staying. Other than that you have a spot in a room. The room you're in has two twins

@GreenCactus which nights are you staying again?

4 minutes ago, CarlB said:

I will move to the couch earlier if that works for everyone.

ooooh you were saying for Betty. I'm sorry I have no brain today because I just found out that my new MINI went into production today

Tggrrr010.jpg

My room in the lodge is booked starting Tuesday and going home Sunday morning. I assume if Betty is coming to help Susan and Edge they are coming Monday and leaving Thursday. Being a Chivalrous guy I will sleep on the bed or couch depending on availability until Betty and Susan leave.    

• Like 1

I haven't circled up with Susan and Betty on this yet (it's been a nutty week at work). I will try to do so tomorrow evening, and let you guys know if that will work. Either way, thank you all for your help! :smile:

It took longer than expected to have all of the right conversations (including with Betty), but... we'll take it! A huge thank you to Carl for your sacrifice to make it comfortable for Betty, and to Mark and Ali for facilitating this via your cabin!

Mark & Ali - please let us know what we will owe you for Betty's use of the cabin bedroom on Monday night.

Carl - same - for use of your inn/lodge room on Tuesday & Wednesday nights!

YAY! I wasn't even sure I'd be allowed able to come to MOTD this year... so happy! :biggrin:

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

I just want to clarify what we are doing. I am glad you guys can come! When will Susan and Betty arrive? I assume they are leaving on Thursday, is that correct? I know I am in Ali's cabin starting Sunday, and back in my room starting Thursday afternoon. I am sure we all have someplace to sleep, I just want to nail down the schedule between sofas, beds, and rooms.

My understanding is that 

Carl you are with us Sunday till you get your room

Monday night - Carl on the couch Betty has the room. Haemish the room is about $100 a night

Tues night Carl gets the room - Betty goes to the lodge

Carl I think you'll stay in the room till you get your room in the lodge and you might share with Hilary one night, she arrives Wed.

Have I got it??? 

Tggrrr010.jpg

On 3/27/2018 at 12:55 PM, CarlB said:

I just want to clarify what we are doing. I am glad you guys can come! When will Susan and Betty arrive? I assume they are leaving on Thursday, is that correct? I know I am in Ali's cabin starting Sunday, and back in my room starting Thursday afternoon. I am sure we all have someplace to sleep, I just want to nail down the schedule between sofas, beds, and rooms.

It sounds like everyone has it straight. I'll be arriving on Sunday. Susan, Betty & Noelle will arrive on Monday (they'll probably depart with me on Sunday but will stay with family in southern VA on Sunday night). They will all head home on Thursday. Betty will stay in Mark & Ali's cabin on Monday night, then move to Carl's lodge room for Tuesday & Wednesday nights. Susan and Noelle will stay with me in my lodge room all 3 nights. Thank you all for your help with these arrangements!

• Like 1