GreenCactus

Daytona 500 Run

Event Title: Daytona 500 Run

Event Date: 02/18/2018 01:00 PM to 02/18/2018 05:00 PM

Event Address: 19616 Fisher Road, Poolesville, 20837, United States

Let's celebrate the start of the 2018 racing season and therefore a sign that Spring is eventually coming by going for a drive and watching the Daytona 500!

When: Sunday, February 18, 2018 @ 1:00pm

Where: Cuginis - 19616 Fisher Road, Poolesville MD 20837

Details: We will meet in the Cuginis parking lot in Poolesville at 1:00pm and depart at approximately 1:15pm. We will go on a short (30-40 minutes) drive on the nearby roads. Since we are gathering to watch a NASCAR race, the route will consist of all LEFT TURNS! After the drive, we will return to Cuginis for food, drinks and race watching. The route will NOT include Whites Ferry. 

Sunday is all day happy hour at Cuginis, $4 draft pints, $5 personal pizzas, $.50 wings and a few other specials. Their tap list is constantly changing but they keep an up to date list on Untappd. https://untappd.com/v/cuginis-restaurant-bar/863949

In case of inclement weather, the drive portion will be cancelled. 

*We will be sitting in the bar at Cuginis. If anyone in your group is under 21, you may be asked to sit on the restaurant side. 

RSVP on the event here: Daytona 500 Run

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

The weather is looking pretty good for Sunday, especially since we aren't starting until the afternoon. We did a partial test run on Sunday and the roads are in pretty good shape. 

Some things to note for the event:

-There will be no route sheets, so please be sure you have a radio. We will have another Poolesville resident as a sweeper, so we won't lose anyone!

- Games! There will be some silly games and trivia to keep you occupied during the race.*

*The race starts at 3pm. I really don't expect anyone to stay for the ENTIRE race (though, you're welcome to). 

• Like 1

If you are planning on attending, could you please update your RSVP? I know a few people have told me they are coming, but according to the RSVP list, it's just me. :(

Also, if you are planning on staying until the end of the race, Cuginis closes at 8pm. The race should be done by then, but in past years the Daytona 500 has taken forever. They may stay open a little later if there are a lot of people there, but they usually won't. The bar/restaurant across the street is open much later and will also be showing the race.