wyretrip

Mistress Run 2018 - Feb 11

Event Title: Mistress Run 2018 - Feb 11

Event Date: 02/11/2018 09:30 AM to 02/11/2018 12:30 PM

Event Address: 6003-A Burke Centre Pkwy, Burke, VA, 22015

Mistress Run

Run Leader: @1975_mini

Updates: 

Schedule has been updated and pushed back by 30 minutes so we arrive for lunch when M&P Pizza is ready for guests. 

Final route sheet has been added!

---

Join us the Sunday prior to Valentine’s Day for some quality time with our MINIs. We will be meeting in the Giant Parking lot in Burke, we will be heading southwest exploring many of the great twisties around Manassas and Warrenton as we wind our way to the Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery in Delaplane.

We will be having a lunch stop at M&P Pizza Restaurant, don’t let the name fool you they have a little bit of everything. You can check out the menu at https://mppizzarestaurant.com/
There will be a quick (10 to 15 minute) pit stop at the midway point of the afternoon leg at a gas station.

Schedule of events:

10:00AM: Driver’s meeting

10:30AM: Run Starts

11:30AM: Lunch stop

12:30PM: Start afternoon leg

2:15PM: Arrive at Blue Valley Vineyard

Route Sheet: Mistress Run route sheets.pdf

MistrssRun_morning.PNG.36791b330998101742cf03c2079ee1fd.PNGMistressRun_afternoon.PNG.16b27eee7756ab69c9bad4dea4918697.PNG

RSVP on the event here: Mistress Run 2018 - Feb 11

• Like 1

signature-final.png

2 minutes ago, MINIFIED said:

I've got it penciled in .. and thanks Erica for cross-posting .. I had seen it in a mass email a few weeks ago but had forgotten. I'm not 100% certain yet, but should know in the next week. Somebody point me to a link to RSVP on this? Thanks!

Here you go. Its also at the bottom of the first post. Hope to see you there!

CHILLIN001.jpg

And this is why we pre-run, some stuff has changed in three years. A few small tweaks but the second leg is good. 

I likely rerun this first leg tomorrow as it required a decent reroute do to 1) stupid McMansions having massive speed bumps installed every half mile on a section of one of the best twisters I found, 2) an unmarked gravel road. 

Should have the finalized route sheet posted tomorrow. 

42B14A44-00CE-4C0F-AFA8-BCEFF8CEA99A.jpeg

• Like 2

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

10 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

Quick question... I see we end up at a vineyard/winery. Dies that mean you have to be 21 to enter or just to partake in refreshments?

My 11 yr old daughter usually comes with me on runs.

Thanks 

I will call and confirm tomorrow

1975Mini001.jpg

2 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Quick question... I see we end up at a vineyard/winery. Dies that mean you have to be 21 to enter or just to partake in refreshments?

My 11 yr old daughter usually comes with me on runs.

Thanks 

Bringing your Daughter is not a problem.  Here the the rules from their webpage, hope you join us.

• Our facilities are family friendly and everyone of all ages are welcome.
  • Well-behaved children and young adults under the age of 21 must be accompanied by an adult.

1975Mini001.jpg

4 minutes ago, 1975_mini said:
  • Well-behaved children and young adults under the age of 21 must be accompanied by an adult.

I can't help but laugh at this one.

It could otherwise imply that poorly behaved children *do not* need to be accompanied by an adult (a la let 'em run amok!)

See ya Sunday!!

9 hours ago, DBCooper said:

My daughter has softball practice that day, can we meet everyone at the "lunch stop"??

Abosultely, we are set to start the second leg at 1230. The second half have the best twisties

9 hours ago, Shadow said:

Btw, is this rain or shine? Weather doesn’t sound promising...you know...not to be Johnny Raincloud.

Yes, rain or shine. As long as no ice/snow. Look like rain or mid 50s so ice should not be an issue. 

1975Mini001.jpg