Hey Guys:

alright so I think this is the last time i will ever consider taking my R56 to Mini Montgomery-gaithersburg.  

I get a quote to replace the radiator, flush, and thermostat for $1800 and change.  I had the thermostat replaced 6 months ago so passed on it.  The new quote $1400 and change.  Anyone have any thoughts on how the dealership came to this figure?

2k10 Mini Cooper S (R56) 6sp, Coilover suspension, K&N Intake, Alta hotside, Stoptech Rotors, 17" white wheels w/ Conti DW, and resonator delete, S42 turbo upgrade, upgraded intercooler, tuned 250whp.

2k9 Lexus RX350 AWD, Classic Metallic, Sirius radio.

2k8 Audi R8, 4.2, Silver Metallic, StaSis Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius radio (Totalled)

2k14 Audi R8 5.2 Suzuka Grey, Larini Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius, K&N Filters w/ silicoln sleeve and tuned.

They remove the front end to replace the radiator as opposed to putting it into service mode. The labor is killed on anything involving the front end of the motor since it is all packed in there. Just ball parking it

Flush $150ish

new radiator 400ish

and about $800 in labor

and the rest shop fees.

Though if they are replacing the radiator a flush would be implied as you would have to refill and bleed the system.

I believe there is a class action on the thermostat you may want to look into, a quick google search will pull it up.

Why are the saying new radiator are you having over heating issues?

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels