melissa99

MINI TAKES THE STATES 2018

Event Title: MINI TAKES THE STATES 2018

Event Date: 07/14/2018 12:00 AM to 07/22/2018 12:00 AM

Event Address:

MTTS_routeMap18v2.jpg

MINI Takes the States 2018

West is the best. Or is it the East? This MINI TAKES THE STATES, you get to decide. But no matter where you start, we've saved the best for last. Two routes that converge as one big MINI family in the majestic Rocky Mountains. As you wind your way toward Colorado, you and your MINI will enjoy More of What Matters. More exploring. More fun. More friends. Whether you join for a few days or rally all the way to the Rockies, you're guaranteed an amazing experience.

Register Now

http://www.minitakesthestates.com/

RSVP on the event here: MINI TAKES THE STATES 2018

IMG_0147.jpg

I agree north/south makes sense for the time window. The less likely scenario would be a spoke and hub setup. An east coast and and a west coast group or NE,NW,SE, and SW groups all coming to a central location. More like a MINI pilgrimage. 

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

And now the planning begins, I feel the east coast route kind of makes it an all or nothing adventure.  Thinking maybe go down early take the kiddos and do one of the parks in Orlando for a few days. 

If we bring the kiddos then it would be taking both MINIs. 

What are others thinking?

Edited by 1975_mini

1975Mini001.jpg

Since being in Orlando / Tallahassee / New Orleans in the middle of the summer holds no appeal to me, I'd consider shipping my MINI to Portland and doing that route .. anybody else? (and if anyone hears of anyone organizing a transport truck to the PNW from the east coast, please post details / contact info. Can't consider the ship & fly without the details. Thanks!

7 hours ago, MINIFIED said:

Since being in Orlando / Tallahassee / New Orleans in the middle of the summer holds no appeal to me, I'd consider shipping my MINI to Portland and doing that route .. anybody else? (and if anyone hears of anyone organizing a transport truck to the PNW from the east coast, please post details / contact info. Can't consider the ship & fly without the details. Thanks!

Definitely an interesting idea, we would consider it. 

1975Mini001.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:18 PM, MINIFIED said:

Sounds interesting, I'm still debating if I will be able to do it, but this would be a good plan

image.php?u=1209&type=sigpic&dateline=13

As an update to the Ship to Portland idea, there is a sign up list from Facebook here: Transport to Portland interest on Facebook

There is sufficient interest to get a truck out of Atlanta, still hoping we can get one closer than that. Put your name on the google doc link or PM me directly; if I get a half dozen other MINIs I'll start making some phone calls. The individual heading up the Atlanta transport is also in contact with the drop off MINI dealer in Portland so that part of the process should be but a formality. 

• Like 2

As much as I’d like to start out in Portland, it’s just not practical for us.  At this point, we’re planning to take the Auto Train down to FL and go all athe way to Keystone.  We’ll probable go down Monday night 7/9  in order to participate a little bit in MINIs Take Florida.

On 1/29/2018 at 12:07 PM, NUTTY said:

As much as I’d like to start out in Portland, it’s just not practical for us.  At this point, we’re planning to take the Auto Train down to FL and go all athe way to Keystone.  We’ll probable go down Monday night 7/9  in order to participate a little bit in MINIs Take Florida.

Sounds like something i'm trying to plan...with a few extra logistics to have someone watch our little ones (aka grandparents).

On 2/4/2018 at 4:44 PM, Tiger's_Mom said:

Leave approved! :) This will be my first full MTTS and I'm rather excited. I will be heading to Orlando in time to start MTTS; sadly I won't have the leave to take in the Florida pre-meet. Can't wait to hear more about it as it gets closer. 

Just convinced my 80 y/o mother to grab a bag and meet me in Dallas; I'll drop her off in Amarillo after we leave Keystone. How cool is that?

Planning to leave the area the afternoon of July 11; stopping in Raleigh and Savannah before hitting Orlando. All reservations are made up through Amarillo, then it is where ever Tiger and I get to on the way home. :biggrin:

Still working on the logistics of getting my MINI to Portland, but since I have some non-refundable hotels on the West route, guess that means I'm committed. Regardless of which direction you are heading "from" we'll all be going back to the same general east destination. On MTTS 2016 I split from the group in Cheyenne, headed south and spent a couple of days in CO with family, friends, and other MINI people and then made it back to MD in 2 days. Yes, two. Started early each day and since it says light til late I wasn't ready to stop driving til about 9-10pm that first night. All that to say that if anyone has interest in the speed run back east from Keystone (leaving out right after breakfast and the AM "good bye") let me know. We had a caravan of 3 on the return in 2016 and it would be great to have a couple of others this year, too .. (Tiger's Mom, obviously not you since you're going by way of Amarillo .. and yes, that is definitely cool that your Mom is joining up!!!)

Just as an FYI, we need 2 MINIs on the transport truck out of Atlanta to Portland to qualify for the $750/MINI price. If anyone is thinking of doing the west route and driving to the start point, unless you've got a lot of fun stuff planned along the way, consider shipping your MINI. It will spare many miles on the odo and the wear and tear *before* the event. Please post ASAP if you need additional information as the MINIs need to be in Atlanta on or before July 1. They will be shipped to MINI of Portland to have good eyes on them until we arrive. Feel free to send PM for any additional questions!