TGGRRR (Ali)

McLean Winterfest Parade

Event Title: McLean Winterfest Parade

Event Date: 12/03/2017 02:00 PM to 12/03/2017 05:00 PM

Event Address: 6839 Redmond Dr, Mclean, Virginia, United States

McLean Winterfest 2017

Latest Update: 

We are approximately a month out. RSVP's enabled! 

DCMM is participating in the McLean Winterfest on December 3rd!

Parade Info

We will have room for a MAXIMUM of 10 MINIs to participate in the parade. However, we can have walkers accompany us if we reach the 10 car limit. Cars need to be festively decorated. Do not dress as Santa Claus (the parade already has one)

Make sure you have your radios charged and on (Channel 7, subchannel 21) when you arrive at 2pm. They will be important when coordinating our group into the parade.

Walkers - If you would rather walk along side the MINIs, just let the event coordinator (Devin Calef) know so it can be accounted for in our group reservation. Kids that are walking will require an adult to accompany them.

Pets - DO NOT bring pets. The parade organizers have a strict policy on this to comply with their insurance. You will not be allowed to line up if you bring a pet.

Timeline

BY 2PM -
Meet at 6839 Redmond Dr, McLean, VA 22101, Greenberry’s Coffee Co Parking Lot. We will wait here while we check in for the parade and receive our line up position.

2:15PM - We will be placed in our parade position.

3:30PM - Parade starts.

5PM - Scheduled parade end, but really it ends when everyone gets done which may be earlier.

6ZaoWurNyuVFdhgAjTmTJOAKSncrGLNC0zdbBhq8

McLeanWinterFestParade rules2017.docx

RSVP on the event here: McLean Winterfest Parade

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

31 minutes ago, GreenCactus said:

This is really close to where I work. I'm sure I could arrange for you to use the garage to stage, if you need someplace indoors. Though, it's open to the outside, so it would be dry, but potentially cold. 

That would be nice. We may need that as they have less time allowed in the staging area. Once we register I should have more details. Registration isn't open yet.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I did not see a vehicle cap in the rules, that would be a question when registering, if they don't do we want to set one as wranging cars (staging, spacing during the event, etc...) can get over welming. I think it was 10 or 12 for the manassas one, I don't think we should go much over that.

Who is taking the lead this year?

Edited by 1975_mini

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

8 hours ago, 1975_mini said:

I did not see a vehicle cap in the rules, that would be a question when registering, if they don't do we want to set one as wranging cars (staging, spacing during the event, etc...) can get over welming. I think it was 10 or 12 for the manassas one, I don't think we should go much over that.

Who is taking the lead this year?

They didn't give us a cap, Manassas was 10. She told me if we had a lot of cars they'll double us up. However, (are you ready for this?) I think Corey is right, we should cap this to 10 to keep it easy to manage.

I can take the lead this year. I think it will be fun and I'm already in contact with the organizers. I have to give Hilary (Chillin) credit for finding it

• Like 1

Tggrrr010.jpg

Hello Everyone! 

I was asked to take over as lead for this event so I've gone through and updated the event with a few more details as well as opening RSVPs!

Laura, I just read your offer of a garage so maybe you and I can chat about whether that is a possibility.

For now, I have selected a parking lot with a straight shot at the staging area and is within walking distance of the check-in for the parade.

I will be promoting this event in earnest once we get past MTTB.

Hope to see you there!

• Like 1

signature-final.png