Donross

Significance from R53 to R56 Seats, thinking about upgrading

I've been on the fence about seats lately, particularly the possible R56S seats into the R53. I know down the road (not sure how long) I'll be looking to install reclining and heated bucket seats. The R56 seats do look better in my opinion. The process of swapping them over looks real easy, so labor isn't a big deal.

In the mean time, is there any real significance in change from the R53 to the R56 seats? I haven't been able to plant my bum in a pair, but was curious if the bolsters are more pronounced, as in holding you in laterally when taking corners better than the R53s?

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has some input.

-Ross

I can't speak to that exact conversion, but be aware that these exist: R53 JCW seats - they are Sparco based:

PICT0272s.jpg

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I can't speak to that exact conversion, but be aware that these exist: R53 JCW seats - they are Sparco based:

PICT0272s.jpg

Not sure I'll have the coin to meet people's asking price on those. They are sweet looking though. Guess I need to get the two models side by side to determine if the juice is worth the squeeze.

The R56 seats are much more comfortable, only issue with R56 seats in a R53 is they sit much to high, most people I've known that's done the conversion revert back to stock or get aftermarket race alternatives, or source for about 1500 USD get a set of oem jcw race buckets from Europe.

Pretty much a plug and play if you know how to change clips for the harness.

06' R53 Pure Silver on Silver ,LSD, 16% WMW Pulley, DDMWorks CAI, Airtec Intercooler, Milltek Non-Resonated Catback, JCW R112s, JCW Grills, M7 strut plates, LEAP Alpha C extension, AtomSpeed Hood Scoop, TRC Lip Spoiler.

One main reason I am selling my R53 is the seating. I can't deal with the hip and back pain on my 6'2" frame anymore. I didn't think it worth it to chase down a seat that may or may not work. I will miss that car, and learn to enjoy my Paceman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Television without a picture is radio.

Television without sound is furniture."

- source unknown

Been doing some additional research on this, seems that the r56 seats sit a bit higher than the r53 seats... still weighing out the costs on this one; time for the car to be down, allocation of seats and money. I noticed there is a hole with seat swaps to the Fseries in the R53. :idea: Hasn't been done yet, at least in all my searching. Looking that the Bolsters in them is awesome and potential for a great write-up and confirmation of 'juice worth the squeeze'. They would need to have the heat pads in them of course.

Just hope I can find a set if someone is upgrading to something more extreme. I'll post something if I'm lucky.