ChrisTKD

Suggestions for 2 way radios

That's a tough one. FRS/GMRS radios are not known for their outstanding transmission/reception abilities, and their range is usually significantly less than advertised. I've tried two sets, and the one that seems to work the best for me is from Motorola. I bought THESE, because they had the highest rating for range and power, and also the longest antenna.

My advice is to buy the most expensive set of these things you can afford, and look for the highest range and power, and the longest antenna you can find. There's a good chance you'll still be disappointed, but probably less so than with a cheaper set of radios.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I've worked with radios for many years, and to have to settle for units that are so underpowered and unclear is really frustrating. I'm sure other folks have some input... :vroom:

Cobra

http://www.cobra-radios.com/frsandgmra.html

In over 30+ years of using various radios they manufacture; I have never had a single problem. That includes: radar detectors, cb radios, FRS and GMRS radios, antenna, marine radios, and power inverters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Over the Mountains-Of the Moon,

Down the Valley of the Shadow,

Ride, boldly ride," The shade replied --

"If you seek for El Dorado."

Here's a good informational page:

FRS & GMRS Radios

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com