Salmi

Question about using the Key Fob-Mini 2016

What happens if my key fob doesn't work?

How does the Integrated Key work to lock/unlock the passenger door, as well as start/stop the engine?

Hmmm that's a 3rd generation, I'm not sure. Is your key broken? It should be covered under warranty. I know for the second gen I can pull the key apart to open a door manually but not sure about starting the car.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

What happens if my key fob doesn't work?

How does the Integrated Key work to lock/unlock the passenger door, as well as start/stop the engine?

Hmmm that's a 3rd generation, I'm not sure. Is your key broken? It should be covered under warranty. I know for the second gen I can pull the key apart to open a door manually but not sure about starting the car.
Considering that there is no key slot/hole for the regular metal key (inside the car) on 2nd & 3rd Gen MINIs, I don't think the manual key (by itself) is any use in getting the car started.

I think the chip in the fob is still needed to be seen by the car in order to use the stop/start button (2nd Gen) or switch (3rd Gen). Whether that works with a dead fob battery, I'm not sure.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

There is a key inside the fob. And there's a plastic piece on the drivers side door that comes off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S F56

6MT, Premium, Cold Weather, Media, LED, HUD

NM Engineering Power module

Borla Touring axle back exhaust

JCW style bonnet stripes

The chip inside fob needs to be in close proximity to the steering column to start the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S F56

6MT, Premium, Cold Weather, Media, LED, HUD

NM Engineering Power module

Borla Touring axle back exhaust

JCW style bonnet stripes