chrimson

Wednesday caravan

Chris, I'm headed out on Wed, too. Haven't picked a time or anything, but I'm flexible. Going as a group would certainly be more fun!

Awesome, Steve! Well, I hope to get to Fontana Village by 5pm, in time to meet for the DCMM Hub Wednesday Dinner. Given that Google traffic at this time on a Wednesday shows about 8.5 hours from Passport MINI of Alexandria, and tacking on an hour for maybe quick grub, pitstops and/or margin of error, leaving at 7:30am looks like a feasible time. I'm assuming MINI Alexandria would be a good gathering point, especially if others join us. We can arrange with DCMM cronies to pick up our registrations ahead of time.

Any other input is welcome, like even just going straight to The Hub and saving us about a half hour or playing it by ear, so to speak, and deciding over radios last minute.

-Chris

Agreed about rough timing and getting there in time to join other DCMM at the Hub. I wouldn't mind getting there a little early to find my lodging and get checked-in, but that's not a priority.

How about going west to I-81 before turning south? 95S always seems like such a mess, regardless of day or time of day. We could meet somewhere along -66, west of Centerville. Would that be workable for you, coming from in the District?

2021 F54 JCW - Midnight Black

How about going west to I-81 before turning south? 95S always seems like such a mess, regardless of day or time of day. We could meet somewhere along -66, west of Centerville. Would that be workable for you, coming from in the District?

Definitely :top: That route didn't show up, but I punched it in and it's just about the same amount of time and distance. Not very familiar, so a good rendezvous is up to you. Possibly a highway rest area?

-Chris

Definitely :top: That route didn't show up, but I punched it in and it's just about the same amount of time and distance. Not very familiar, so a good rendezvous is up to you. Possibly a highway rest area?

There's a rest area on 66 just after Manassas. That's where Katie and I would meet when we drove together.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

In case anyone else wishes to join Bender and me, we are meeting up at the Manassas Virginia Welcome Center rest area on I-66 Westbound, between exits 52 and 47. I'm not posting this as an event just so we can be wheels up at 7:30am Wednesday, whether you're there or not. I printed out a few extra copies of our route. Motor on :motor:

Edited by chrimson

-Chris

We should be able to make it in on time, but just so there's no rush or confusion, can someone from DCMM who's there early pick up mine and Steve's (so far) registration? We plan to do The Hub for dinner and get it by then. Thanks!

-Chris

We should be able to make it in on time, but just so there's no rush or confusion, can someone from DCMM who's there early pick up mine and Steve's (so far) registration? We plan to do The Hub for dinner and get it by then. Thanks!

And 'thank you' in advance, if anyone is able to do this. Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Now cross your fingers that the rain holds off...

2021 F54 JCW - Midnight Black