ucf3

R56 Turbo upgrade

Hi Everyone:

I am considering upgrading the turbo to my N14 motor. Can anyone give me an idea what's involved with the upgrade, and any particular turbo kit i should upgrade to?

2k10 Mini Cooper S (R56) 6sp, Coilover suspension, K&N Intake, Alta hotside, Stoptech Rotors, 17" white wheels w/ Conti DW, and resonator delete, S42 turbo upgrade, upgraded intercooler, tuned 250whp.

2k9 Lexus RX350 AWD, Classic Metallic, Sirius radio.

2k8 Audi R8, 4.2, Silver Metallic, StaSis Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius radio (Totalled)

2k14 Audi R8 5.2 Suzuka Grey, Larini Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius, K&N Filters w/ silicoln sleeve and tuned.

I was looking at your mods listed below, have you upgraded your inner cooler and exhaust? I would recommend those before a larger turbo as the new turbo may push more air but if flow is restricted down the line you are not going to get all the benefits. Just my opinion.

The N14 has an issue with oil blow by under normal boost if you are going to increase it an oil catch can is cheap and a good investment.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Oh, I was planning to go with a better intercooler in the long run and I figured the turbo kit might include a high-flow cat. I'm open to upgrading those two items first if that'd help me at the track.

2k10 Mini Cooper S (R56) 6sp, Coilover suspension, K&N Intake, Alta hotside, Stoptech Rotors, 17" white wheels w/ Conti DW, and resonator delete, S42 turbo upgrade, upgraded intercooler, tuned 250whp.

2k8 Audi R8, 4.2, Silver Metallic, StaSis Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius radio (Totalled)

2k14 Audi R8 5.2 Suzuka Grey, Larini Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius, K&N Filters w/ silicoln sleeve and tuned.

I ordered the intercooler and downpipe yesterday. GT peace will have to retune the car.

Btw do you have any recommendations regarding coilovers? Can't afford to buy Bilstein so a set that's a bit cheaper would be awesome as I drive this car on the street as well

What intercooler did you go with. Bilstein covers a wide price point you can get B12s for around 1000 or B16 up around 2500. What price point are you looking to be at, if under 1k I would say just hold off. Maybe go with sport springs to lower the center of gravity as a temp solution for like 250 bucks till you can do a full coilover switch.

I ordered the intercooler and downpipe yesterday. GT peace will have to retune the car.

Btw do you have any recommendations regarding coilovers? Can't afford to buy Bilstein so a set that's a bit cheaper would be awesome as I drive this car on the street as well

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Sorry for the delayed response. Already have Eibach sport springs. they're not bad on the track but i wouldn't mind getting a bit better edge over other drivers in the corners. I am looking at either KWv1 or BC Racing BR series at this time. I would like to get the Bilsteins but they are expensive. If we did a group buy then i might hop-on.

Intercooler, GT peace suggested going with a Wagner-tuning. It was on sale so i just ordered it when i was at GT Peace for my Coolant Flush. I also ordered a hiflo-cat downpipe while i was there.

BTW-do you know of anyone who is selling a VBox Sport data-recorder?