ucf3

Track pads and rotors recommendation

I wanted to get some recommendations to where we have any discounts or know of a site where i can buy Track rotors and pads inexpensively? So far tirerack is the cheapest from what my research.

2k10 Mini Cooper S (R56) 6sp, Coilover suspension, K&N Intake, Alta hotside, Stoptech Rotors, 17" white wheels w/ Conti DW, and resonator delete, S42 turbo upgrade, upgraded intercooler, tuned 250whp.

2k9 Lexus RX350 AWD, Classic Metallic, Sirius radio.

2k8 Audi R8, 4.2, Silver Metallic, StaSis Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius radio (Totalled)

2k14 Audi R8 5.2 Suzuka Grey, Larini Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius, K&N Filters w/ silicoln sleeve and tuned.

I use https://www.knsbrakes.com/c/home a lot, but recently I just ebay'd and pieced together what I was looking for to save some pennies. When talking track pads, cheap isn't really an option (just spent $400+ on pads alone) depending on what you are really looking for. If by saying "track" you mean better than stock, that can bring the prices down greatly.

I use to think I needed the fanciest rotors, but after talking to some racers who go through multiple sets a season, they just get the cheapest (safest) available. I couldn't bring myself to buy a solid rotor, so I just made sure I had vented rotors at least.

and actually, as I was typing the above I remembered that there is a local MINI racer (George Hovis) that has a web shop also, https://www.specr53.com/

Do you plan on running a full track season or just an event here and there?

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

This is good to know. I did talk to the guys at GTPeace about tracking my R56 and they said brakes won't be cheap. The DTC60 pads from Tirerack and High Carbon rotors are the ways I am going with for my next track weekend.

thanks for sharing SpecR53 site. They're so close to me i might just try to check the store out this weekend.

2k10 Mini Cooper S (R56) 6sp, Coilover suspension, K&N Intake, Alta hotside, Stoptech Rotors, 17" white wheels w/ Conti DW, and resonator delete, S42 turbo upgrade, upgraded intercooler, tuned 250whp.

2k8 Audi R8, 4.2, Silver Metallic, StaSis Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius radio (Totalled)

2k14 Audi R8 5.2 Suzuka Grey, Larini Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius, K&N Filters w/ silicoln sleeve and tuned.

This is good to know. I did talk to the guys at GTPeace about tracking my R56 and they said brakes won't be cheap. The DTC60 pads from Tirerack and High Carbon rotors are the ways I am going with for my next track weekend.

thanks for sharing SpecR53 site. They're so close to me i might just try to check the store out this weekend.

I haven't used the 60s, but I had the 30s and loved them! I'm using the Carbotech xp12 and 10s now. Tomorrow is my first track day of the season, so I'll see how they do.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Just out of curiosity do you guys change your coolant once a year or when they're normally due? I'm running water wetter with Royal purple coolant changed 1.5 years ago.

Do you guys swap your fluids as often as possible or after a few track events?

So my track-weekend with the DTC and the high-carbon rotors was a really good idea. They got up to temp. before the practice lap was over and it kept on stopping accurately. My next step would be to build cooling ducts so that they cool faster.

Just wanted to see if anyone had gone with a bigger turbo and tune for the N14 Motor? I wasn't able to keep up with Golf R and Modded GTI on the straight-aways. Also if anyone is selling their Club Sport Coilover for the R56 that would be fantastic.