RDG_RCR

2017 SCCA schedule

Of course this is subject to change, but here is the current schedule for SCCA AutoX, Time Trials, and PDX (TT and PDX run the same days).

AutoX

April 23rd, Practice event[/font]

April 30th, Event 1

May 21st, Event 2

]June 4th, Event 3

June 25th, Event 4

July 16th, Event 5

August 20th, Event 6

September 24th, Event 7

PDX/Time Trials

March 11 –12, PDX/TT Summit Point Main

April 2nd, PDX/TT Shenandoah Circuit

July 15-16, PDX/TT Shenandoah Circuit

August 26-27, PDX/TT Shenandoah Circuit

October 21-22, PDX/TT Jefferson Circuit

See you out there!! :motor:

Edited by RDG_RCR

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Does it make more sense to be a SCCA member and sign up for these, or can one just sign up for the events? I think there is a discount associated with it.

I have gone back and forth on whether to become a SCCA member (which I imagine have more benefits than not), I'd love to do autocross just to be come a better reaction driver...but not sure that I can dedicate those amount of weekends as it comes up.

While a member, do you get a drive log or other proof of competency that allows you to attend other events without having someone in the passenger seat for a track day?

(wasn't sure if this was thread worthy, but just some questions i was thinking while on this subject)

Cheers,

Ross

Does it make more sense to be a SCCA member and sign up for these, or can one just sign up for the events? I think there is a discount associated with it.

I have gone back and forth on whether to become a SCCA member (which I imagine have more benefits than not), I'd love to do autocross just to be come a better reaction driver...but not sure that I can dedicate those amount of weekends as it comes up.

While a member, do you get a drive log or other proof of competency that allows you to attend other events without having someone in the passenger seat for a track day?

(wasn't sure if this was thread worthy, but just some questions i was thinking while on this subject)

Cheers,

Ross

With membership comes with a lot of discounts and things from partner companies (similar AAA). There is a monthly magazine "SportsCar" and you get the opportunity to sign up for a "season subscription" for autoX that allows you to have a permanent race number, not have to worry about signing up for each event, and you get a race or 2 free.

I can't answer the driver log question, since this will be my first year attending a PDX with SCCA, I have done HPDEs with other clubs. I know your progress is tracked, I just don't know how.

Also as a member, your entry fees are discounted, but the number of events you participate it will really determine which route is best for you.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

AutoX

April 23rd, Practice event

April 30th, Event 1

May 13th, Event 2

June 4th, Event 3

June 25th, Event 4

July 16th, Event 5

August 20th, Event 6

September 24th, Event 7

It hasn't been fixed on the WDCR-SCCA.org calendar, but I got a notification that Event 2, May 21 was changed to May 13

Edited by chrimson

-Chris