Poison Ivy

MOTD 15 Lodging

As usual, Fontana is sold out, but I also checked Tapoco and Microtel and it's booked. As the event gets closer you can usually get lodging at Fontana from folks who cannot attend.

This year we're going to take the RV. The Fontana camp ground is booked so I have a reservation at Stecoah Valley RV Resort, 415 Hyde Town Rd, Robbinsville, NC 28771 (14 miles from Fontana). Good news it's only $200 for the week.

If anyone hears of an RV spot at Fontana opening, please let me know. :) Thanks!

Signature.JPG

I have a bedroom available in a Hickory 2-Bedroom Cabin #425 (location marked on attached map). You can walk across the street to Vendor Alley and the Event Hall.

Dates available: Wednesday, May 3 - Sunday, May 7

Cost to you (with tax): $405 (unless a tax or something increases, that happened one year).

As I prepay in full for the cabin, I will require the same from you. Sorry, I can't risk a late cancellation and be left scrambling. I've done it this way since my first Dragon in 2013, so if needed, I have references for my process.

PM me if you're interested. Thanks.

Fontana-Resort-Map-2017.jpg.2fbbe62135cee8e8a831ceda91ef9ea8.jpg

Fontana Map 2017.pdf

Fontana-Resort-Map-2017.jpg.2fbbe62135cee8e8a831ceda91ef9ea8.jpg

Fontana Map 2017.pdf

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I received a call that a reservation has opened up for me. I was on the 2BR cabin waiting list.

I'm in training all day so I'm just adding a place holder until I can resurect the full details.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I was just talking with Xiek, he has a room available (2 beds). I was fortunate enough to have the same luck last year. His cabin in Fontana Village that is walking distance from Vendor Row and were the majority of the events take place.

Reach out to him on Facebook (Jason Xiek) and tell him Ross sent you about the room. Price is extremely cost efficient considering the prices for rooms at the resort! :top:

I was just talking with Xiek, he has a room available (2 beds). I was fortunate enough to have the same luck last year. His cabin in Fontana Village that is walking distance from Vendor Row and were the majority of the events take place.

Reach out to him on Facebook (Jason Xiek) and tell him Ross sent you about the room. Price is extremely cost efficient considering the prices for rooms at the resort! :top:

Hmmmm...his cabin near mine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they moved on with the wait list. We had a place holder for Sunday to Sunday but it wasn't for the entire week.

Sounds like there are other options available now. three day mid week options from the sound of it.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Checking to see if anyone has a bed/room available...not sure how things are shaping with the big cabin. Apparently my name wasn't on the waiting list from last year, so I'm hoping to talk with Lacey tomorrow (fingers crossed)

We have a couch.we aren't killing ourselves to fill it but we save it for someone that's stuck.youre welcome to take it.$25 a night

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Checking to see if anyone has a bed/room available...not sure how things are shaping with the big cabin. Apparently my name wasn't on the waiting list from last year, so I'm hoping to talk with Lacey tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Yes, I do have a bedroom still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry just posted on Facebook that Fontana has several cabins and lodge rooms available. If you call, talk to Lacy or Lona.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186