GreenCactus

Was it you???

I guess at least one of us should record the successful pass-by wave on outer Beltway around Exit 44 at 5pm Friday. I didn't react immediately to GreenCactus and Cricket's freakin foghorn because I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong minding my own business in the slower lane. But hearing it a second time right next to me nearly ripping my eardrum in half, I look to my left and see Laura excitedly waving and I wave back, just as excitedly :itsme: HI!

Sorry for nearly causing you to go deaf! I rarely see anyone and if so, it's usually impossible to wave due to traffic. I might have gotten a little excited. :)

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Spotted yesterday (Thursday):

A blue Honda Civic sedan, with an "I am the Stig" sticker in the rear window...

...driving like a Great Grandma the way to church on Sunday, while in a blizzard... and drunk.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Heading southbound on Rock Creek tonight I saw Chris heading northbound with his top down. At was 7:20P, he was north of VA Ave and stuck in the traffic due the accident blocking the road at the P St ramp.

I was moving a wee bit too fast to roll down my window and wave, but here ya go now :wavey:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Heading southbound on Rock Creek tonight I saw Chris heading northbound with his top down. At was 7:20P, he was north of VA Ave and stuck in the traffic due the accident blocking the road at the P St ramp.

I was moving a wee bit too fast to roll down my window and wave, but here ya go now :wavey:

Aw, mad I missed ya. Woulda made the half-hour jam more tolerable. :wavey: anyway

-Chris

Montgomery County is the land of the Paceman. Since moving there I see them every day - I've seen at least 4 different ones in the last week alone. I was recently cruising 270 with a Jungle Green Paceman who flashed his lights, beeped and waved when I exited. Good times...

Could've swore I saw Cricket on Sycolin Road yesterday, heading toward Leesburg.

Today, I (sadly) saw a 2nd Gen JCW Black/red, plate "MNI NJA", or rather the aftermath. Caught fire, completely destroyed :(

You probably did. Traffic was awful, so I took the longer but moving option. I don't usually go home through Leesburg!

Sorry to hear about the JCW. That's never good.

Edited by GreenCactus
Reasons

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

On my way to M&G on VA-267 W, caught up to a red Cooper S Cabrio with black sport stripes, and tags IWANDR. The woman driving and I enthusiastically waved to each other as we maneuvered through traffic and exchanging leads. Was thinking she was headed to Sterling, but we separated at VA-28 and bid adieu :itsme: Was fun

-Chris

On my way to M&G on VA-267 W, caught up to a red Cooper S Cabrio with black sport stripes, and tags IWANDR. The woman driving and I enthusiastically waved to each other as we maneuvered through traffic and exchanging leads. Was thinking she was headed to Sterling, but we separated at VA-28 and bid adieu :itsme: Was fun

I always love those exchanges

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Came across a couple of MINIs last night on my way home from Sterling... One was a 2nd Gen Justa, don't remember the color... the other was a BRG 2nd Gen S, license plate R56 RCKT. The rocket and I went back and forth a couple of times as we progressed west on Rt. 7 and onto Battlefield Pkwy, before I broke off for home.

I had a Max sighting on Backlick road this past Tuesday. It was too late to deploy a wave since we were both going the same direction and Mark looked kinda serious. [emoji23]

2015 Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S F56

6MT, Premium, Cold Weather, Media, LED, HUD

NM Engineering Power module

Borla Touring axle back exhaust

JCW style bonnet stripes

I had a Max sighting on Backlick road this past Tuesday. It was too late to deploy a wave since we were both going the same direction and Mark looked kinda serious. [emoji23]

:rofl:

Mark always looks serious when he drives

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

It's been a long time but it's so nice to see a familiar boot!

Wasn't sure if you saw me and THE ADMIRAL on Jermantown, Craig! :itsme: :jollyroger::hardtop:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

It's been a long time but it's so nice to see a familiar boot!

Wasn't sure if you saw me and THE ADMIRAL on Jermantown, Craig! :itsme: :jollyroger::hardtop:

I did, was a little concentrated on keeping the Xerox I had in the back from saying hello to the back glass:itsme::top:

IMG_0147.jpg

Not another MINI but today while stopped at a traffic light a few cars back, I got a thumbs up through the passenger window from a bright blue Ford Focus RS (which is the really fast one, if you didn't know), with the license plate "LADY STIG". At the next traffic light, we ended up next to each other, and they rolled the window down - two ladies in the front seat - the driver told me that my car was beautiful and that she loves JCWs. I returned the compliment, said I had a lot of respect for the RS (was not just being nice - I do!), so that was a nice encounter. :)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I left 495 early and came down Eisenhower eastbound this morning and a GP with temp tags followed/ leapfrogged with me to Holland circle.

GP1656 I think. I will have to keep an eye out in the future where they pulled out.

06 SB/S MCS Checkmate, Premium,

Convenience, LSD, HK, Chrome interior ZOOM641