GreenCactus

Was it you???

Do you have any other marking on your car like a badge or stickers or something? We frequent the same roads...

Well, I've got the DCMM cling in the back and the Cherry Run cling on the driver's side rear window right now.

Hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks I'll have some white Team Dynamic Pro Race wheels, and then some time this fall I'll be adding some custom stripes but until those things happen just the colors :)

Oh, and it's an R56 S.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I saw a very sharp looking Silver MC with a flat black driver side stripe and what appeared to be OZ Ultraleggera (or that style) wheels this morning (7/20) on 695 between Bel Air Rd and White Marsh Blvd entrance ramp. It was on the right side with it's hazard lights on and nobody in it. I was all the way in the left lane with bumper to bumper traffic so I couldn't pull over...

Hopefully just out of gas....

2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman

I just saw MaxiCooper on Snowden River Pkwy just in front of my work (Lincoln College). Raced to catch up, and, yes, we waved. =) If you work in the area we should do lunch sometime. :top:

Yeah, that was me. :wavey:

Actually, I live near by. Lunch would be nice, do your care for Indian food?.

"House of India", I'm regular there. :wink:

I tagged a PW MCS with Hawaii plates and an MCB HAWAII DoD decal in the "C" parking at the Navy Annex last week. Seems we keep parking near each other. Saw it pulling into the parking lot a couple of days ago and I got a wave back. Give me a shout sometime, I'm in the DIRINT's Office - Just ask for the Deputy FLO.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Saw a R56 DS getting a parking ticket behind GW Hospital... sorry, I ran to add change but the meter maid had started the process and would not stop despite the money I added (sorry, only had a dime).

Joel

My Flickr Site

The proud owner of a 2005 DS/B MCS-JCW...God is my Co-Pilot, but Satan has his foot on the Gas!!!

Half of a two JCW family, I am the fast one!

Had fun in a MINI train on Clara Barton and MacArthur while house hunting last Saturday. A BRG MCS (no stripes) pulled in behind us and followed us for several miles until we caught up with a PW. Got a wave from the BRG when he turned off but the PW was oblivious to us.

.g.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I saw a bunch of MINIs this morning!

In the parking garage at the DCUSA shopping complex in Columbia Heights (I would not recommend anyone ever attempt to drive/park there on a Saturday, it was a complete mess):

- HC/B Clubman - new, it had VA temp tags

- Silver/B Cooper with DC tags

- Blue/White Cooper S with Texas tags

- Cool Blue cabrio (but I know who that was! She lives on my street)

On my way home:

- Dark Silver/Black S with sport stripes and an Actual Size sticker. Texas tags. Parked on Columbia Rd, just west of 14th. (They were lucky, the car on the other side of the street had a giant tree branch on it!)

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Bev spotted a Mellow Yellow MCS - white top, white sport stripes on Clara Barton last Wednesday. Grrrrreeeeat looking car! :tongue:

Called to yell at me for taking Barbarella out in rush hour traffic then she realized that car didn't have MD plates.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bev spotted a Mellow Yellow MCS - white top, white sport stripes on Clara Barton last Wednesday. Grrrrreeeeat looking car! :tongue:

Called to yell at me for taking Barbarella out in rush hour traffic then she realized that car didn't have MD plates.

Your secret is safe with me Sir ! LOL !:biggrin:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello DCMM!

Newbie here! So my question for the MINI VETs on here is about Customs and Courtesies amongst MINI Owners. I am from Houston, TX so the southern reaction to wave and/or speak to total strangers is a reflex. I must sadly report that my fellow MINI Brothers and Sisters out here in Fairfax aren't so friendly.

So, tell me! Is there a secret wave or something that lets other MINI Owners know you mean no harm? LOL As funny as it seems, I thought MINI Owners would be like Bike Riders. As they pass each other you can see them exchange peace signs or head gestures.

Any advice?

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

There have been a few Sundays where I have seen quite a few MINIs at the Hunt Valley Wegman's.;)

Just came back from there meself ! Watched the State Police Chopper flying in circles around Wegmans.... a couple of hundred feet up. Gave a wave to another MINI on the way in.... no response :( .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello DCMM!

Newbie here! So my question for the MINI VETs on here is about Customs and Courtesies amongst MINI Owners. I am from Houston, TX so the southern reaction to wave and/or speak to total strangers is a reflex. I must sadly report that my fellow MINI Brothers and Sisters out here in Fairfax aren't so friendly.

So, tell me! Is there a secret wave or something that lets other MINI Owners know you mean no harm? LOL As funny as it seems, I thought MINI Owners would be like Bike Riders. As they pass each other you can see them exchange peace signs or head gestures.

Any advice?

Welcome to DCMM and the area. About the wave, TRUE MINIacs give and return waves here as well.... sometimes when you wave you get one in return. Sadly, not as often as one used to IMHO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello DCMM!

Any advice?

As a fellow HzB driver, I'll waive when I see you! I don't get that many that waives either so I've had to re-calibrate expectations. See ya around hopefully.

"Skylar" -2009 JCW Hard Top. See my Mondo-Minis page for more.

Blockhead,

Were you by any chance in the area near Sam Eig Hwy and Rio the past 2 days? I think I saw a car that looks like Barbarella in that vicinity.

Yep! I think that Bev was having a night out with the gals and they went down to Rio around that time.

But we live just north of that area so we're always zooming around all those roads. Be sure to say hi if you see us again!

.g.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello DCMM!

Any advice?

I think that in certain areas MINIs are so ubiquitous that they're taken for granted. Virginia has a LOT of MINIs so you'll have those that think it's just a car and those that are enthusiastic about it.

Up in my neck of the woods there are only a dozen or so MINIs so we always get waves. In fact, we get a lot of waves from non-MINIs! :laugh:

So keep waving or flashing your headlights (as we do) and you'll find other enthusiast who share your passion.

There rest?....screw 'em. :laugh:

.g.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]