GreenCactus

Was it you???

Busy weekend!

Parked near a LB/W MCs with VA tags at the Gettysburg National Park Visitor's Center on Sunday and a DS/B Clubman S there again on Monday!

When I got home that evening, I spoke with a nice fellow in a CR/B JCW on Labor Day at the Giant in Pasadena. He even gave me a "Happy Motoring"! He took off before me and that JCW had a beautiful sounding growl to it.

2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman

Hello DCMM!

Newbie here! So my question for the MINI VETs on here is about Customs and Courtesies amongst MINI Owners. I am from Houston, TX so the southern reaction to wave and/or speak to total strangers is a reflex. I must sadly report that my fellow MINI Brothers and Sisters out here in Fairfax aren't so friendly.

So, tell me! Is there a secret wave or something that lets other MINI Owners know you mean no harm? LOL As funny as it seems, I thought MINI Owners would be like Bike Riders. As they pass each other you can see them exchange peace signs or head gestures.

Any advice?

So, I finally got a response to my wave! I felt like a total dork after the fact but WHO CARES! I'm completely geeking out on being a MINI Owner. It's like the best thing that has happened to me in a LONG time. Sad but true!

Good Night DCMM!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Saw a black with red racing stripres Cooper JCW on route 3000 heading towards Manassas last night. Sounded great and loved the colour combo.

Jason

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saw a MINI on Ridge Road this morning, at 8am, going South - right past the speed camera in Damascus. Indi Blue (I think - it sure was darker than my Hyper Blue) with white roof and off-center white bonnet stripes. I don't remember seeing a hood scoop but it might still be an S. Waved at it too but in between the headlights and the heavy downpour, I couldn't spot the driver.

Also, saw an MSC at the UMBC faculty parking lot today. Darkest blue I've seen on a Mini (no idea what it's called). Body colored roof, no stripes. Didn't have it with me at the time but if it's still there whem I'm walking out, I'll card it!

Curious if the owners are DCMM members..

2006 MCS: Hyper Blue w/ white roof. Cold weather, Sports, 17" w/ flame spokes.

Darkest blue I've seen on a Mini (no idea what it's called).
I might be mistaken, but I think the darkest blue yet offered on a MINI is Space Blue... however some people think Astro Black has a blue-ish tint to it.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I might be mistaken, but I think the darkest blue yet offered on a MINI is Space Blue... however some people think Astro Black has a blue-ish tint to it.

Just googled it. It definitely was a Space Blue.

I'm on my first Mini. Still yet to get attuned to the finer details on these cars. I'm trying though! ;)

Spotted a 3rd Mini when I was walking to my car. Again, in the UMBC campus. 2007+ MSC, Chili Red with black bonnet stripes and roof. Had custom wheels on it and the MD license plate was screwed on top of an European one. Was an interesting sight.

I saw a horizon blue jcw last saturday parked near the tasting room in frederick,md. It's my first time seeing a jcw in that colorway.

I picked up Skylar on July 4. Love at first sight. Didn't leave the dealer without it! My wife and I had a nice dinner at Acacia, and parked there. It was a perfect night in downtown Frederick and finding that spot was icing on the cake. :top:

You in Frederick too?

"Skylar" -2009 JCW Hard Top. See my Mondo-Minis page for more.

Iflyga,

Is "Iflyga" you license plate too, I remember seeing a pate with that a week or so ago but cant remember if it was MD or VA tags.

This is off topic but do you fly the same call sign often; I am a controller at Potomac TRACON, if you fly west or south out of FDK then I could talk to you on either 126.1 or 125.05.

Iflyga,

Is "Iflyga" you license plate too, I remember seeing a pate with that a week or so ago but cant remember if it was MD or VA tags.

This is off topic but do you fly the same call sign often; I am a controller at Potomac TRACON, if you fly west or south out of FDK then I could talk to you on either 126.1 or 125.05.

I have a "plain and boring" plate right now. Thought about trying to get that one, but figured its taken already. For about 12 years I flew N7236W -an A36 based at KFDK. Now I'm in an SR22, usually N380CD or N343CD. I'm sure we've talked.

All of you at Potomac are great :congrats:, especially since the consolidation of TRACONS! Now if only we could get you the ADS-B feed from FDK for radar vectors from the surface, and end the one-in-one out at the second busiest airport in Maryland. :banghead:

Cheers...and back to MINI talk. Only slightly sorry for the diversion everyone. Planes and cars just fit nicely together! :biggrin:

Planes and cars just fit nicely together! :biggrin:

I'm an Aerospace Engineer in training myself (MechE with AE minor since UMBC doesnt offer AE major).

I suppose it helps that the Mini logo closely resembles pilot wings ;)

I had dinner with friends living on 2nd street that night. They took me to Volt so we were just across the street from you then. I parked maybe a block behind you that time. Weather was perfect that Saturday.

I picked up Skylar on July 4. Love at first sight. Didn't leave the dealer without it! My wife and I had a nice dinner at Acacia, and parked there. It was a perfect night in downtown Frederick and finding that spot was icing on the cake. :top:

You in Frederick too?

I had dinner with friends living on 2nd street that night. They took me to Volt so we were just across the street from you then. I parked maybe a block behind you that time. Weather was perfect that Saturday.

I've heard lots about Volt, including the fact their chefs are in a reality TV show and doing well.

1) Spotted a fellow DCMMer parked outside of Mamma Lucia's in Rockville this past Sunday morning. Black with checkered roof and bonnet stripe, MD plates and a DCMM decal in left passenger side window.

2) Who has the BRG MINI on the front page of today's Washington Post Metro section?! :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/28/AR2009092802861.html

.g.

Edited by Blockhead

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]