MELO-R56

R56 Clutch Slipping

I was at MINI of Sterling yesterday for their Service Clinic. I had my water pump replaced under warranty (woo hoo!) with an aluminum version that should take care of the leakage the plastic ones are prone to. They did a great job of talking me through everything and I even had a one on one with their service tech Brian. He patiently answered all of my questions and pleasantly walked me through the ons and outs of my car's health.

Turns out, my clutch is slipping, and needs to be serviced. My clutch pedal engages at about 3/4 of the way up, and they recommended I have it fixed. Unknown weather the flywheel will need to be replaced until it's opened up for service. They quoted me a rather expensive price to fix it. Does anyone know if any of our vendors can do this job, maybe P-Tuning or GT-Peace?

Thanks! :smile:

2009 Mellow Yellow MCS, JCW Aero Package, JCW intake, JCW Steering Wheel, NM Engineering strut tower brace, Nvidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust, ST XTA Coilovers, Madness Motorworks 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, GP2 Rear Diffuser, Powerflex front control arm bushings, R112 Black Challenge Wheels, Bridgestone Potenza Tires

I'm in contact with P-Tuning and will most likely have them do the job. Dealer prices are outrageous! :stupid: (we all know that!)

Gotta get my little MINI back up and running. Gotta feed that FIX!

2009 Mellow Yellow MCS, JCW Aero Package, JCW intake, JCW Steering Wheel, NM Engineering strut tower brace, Nvidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust, ST XTA Coilovers, Madness Motorworks 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, GP2 Rear Diffuser, Powerflex front control arm bushings, R112 Black Challenge Wheels, Bridgestone Potenza Tires

a clutch job with flywheel on an R56 is NOT CHEAP!!!

You have to dropping the subframe to get to it, not going to be cheap. It's a good amount of work to replace.

My favorite is the oil filter housing gasket on an N14, part cost like 5 bucks, but it's a thousand dollars in labor to replace it.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels