CarolMini

Fitbits, iPhones and Bluetooth

The Sterling dealer is telling me that I can't link my iPhone to my new 2017 MINI via Bluetooth because I wear a Fitbit tracker, which also uses Bluetooth.

Given the millions of people who wear Fitbits and have their phones linked to their cars (not just MINIs) I find this to be a ridiculous response by the dealer.

I was hoping to get find some other Mini owners who wear a Fitbit and have their phone linked to their MINI so I can tell the dealer this is not an acceptable response.

Any other advise on how to solve this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carol

Arlington

I have a 2014, my phone was paired with my car prior to me buying a Fermin watch that it is now connected to. I have no issues with my phone connecting now. So I am sure the Fitbit is no different. I am not technical in anyway of telling you how to do it but I am sure t can be done. I think all I did was go into phone on my car and pair Bluetooth.

http://www.dcmetrominis.org/forums/image.php?u=1132&type=sigpic&dateline=1367319111

It's not the cars fault, it's Bluetooth. Can't link to more than on thing
(simultaneously)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I have a Fitbit and an iPhone and a 2016 Mini and I haven't had any issues at all with my phone linking to my Mini and I always wear the Fitbit. I didn't know you even could link a Fitbit to your car ... but it's an interesting idea to get in those extra steps :biggrin: Did you try taking the Fitbit off and then pairing your phone with your Mini to see if that worked?

Hopefully you have this already solved.

:biggrin: I bet my Mini can do more steps than your Mini can bicycle :biggrin:

Now I'm going to have to see what my Fitbit says I'm doing when I have the top down... :laugh:

(I hope the real question has been answered.)

I use a Samsung gear fit watch. When I drive Tigger topless it auto detects me as bicycling

Yeah, I wish BT devices could sync to multiple phones. I'd love to run dual torque apps, one on either side of the tach, to get better screen real estate.

image.php?u=1714&type=sigpic&dateline=14

"Big Pig" - KW V3 Coilovers - Hotchkis rear control arms - Milltek cat back exhaust with black MBRP tips - Flat black vinyl wrapped head/tail light rights - ECS Black Line Tail Lights - Outmotoring Smoked Side Markers - Outmotoring Smoked Scuttle Turn Signals - Joey Mod Head lights - Outmotoring LED Driving Lights - Enkei T6S 18x8 et42 Wheels - Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18