TGGRRR (Ali)

Winter trickle charge

Tigger is going to soon be living in the driveway under a car cover. Last year he lived in an open garage but that's not an option and I'm using the garage so that I don't freeze my butt off in the morning so he's in the garage.

Should he be on a trickle charge? How does this work? Any suggestions? I didn't do it last year and he fired right up when I would go start him every couple of weeks.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

basic concept behind the trickle chargers, it slowly adds amps to the battery over time and won't allow normal depletion of charge. the battery regulator generally dictates how long the charger can be left on, so a smart tenders can regulate flow and kept on longer (months).

I have a friend who uses this on his RX7.

Schumacher on-board battery charger. The 1.5amps keeps his battery charged and when it drops too much the unit beeps.

2k10 Mini Cooper S (R56) 6sp, Coilover suspension, K&N Intake, Alta hotside, Stoptech Rotors, 17" white wheels w/ Conti DW, and resonator delete, S42 turbo upgrade, upgraded intercooler, tuned 250whp.

2k9 Lexus RX350 AWD, Classic Metallic, Sirius radio.

2k8 Audi R8, 4.2, Silver Metallic, StaSis Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius radio (Totalled)

2k14 Audi R8 5.2 Suzuka Grey, Larini Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius, K&N Filters w/ silicoln sleeve and tuned.

basic concept behind the trickle chargers, it slowly adds amps to the battery over time and won't allow normal depletion of charge. the battery regulator generally dictates how long the charger can be left on, so a smart tenders can regulate flow and kept on longer (months).

I have a friend who uses this on his RX7.

Schumacher on-board battery charger. The 1.5amps keeps his battery charged and when it drops too much the unit beeps.

This one?

https://www.amazon.com/MegaDeal-Schumacher-On-Board-Battery-Charger/dp/B00P5J8VW0

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

pretty much. It mounts inside your engine bay and just hookup a power cord to maintain the charge.

I use this one. The fan is loud but it charges both car and bike batteries well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-FatMax-8A-Battery-Charger-Bonus-Extension-Cord-Bundle/38243757

2k10 Mini Cooper S (R56) 6sp, Coilover suspension, K&N Intake, Alta hotside, Stoptech Rotors, 17" white wheels w/ Conti DW, and resonator delete, S42 turbo upgrade, upgraded intercooler, tuned 250whp.

2k9 Lexus RX350 AWD, Classic Metallic, Sirius radio.

2k8 Audi R8, 4.2, Silver Metallic, StaSis Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius radio (Totalled)

2k14 Audi R8 5.2 Suzuka Grey, Larini Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius, K&N Filters w/ silicoln sleeve and tuned.