TGGRRR (Ali)

Parade prep

Sunday 11/27, 2016

Bring your ideas and supplies and whatever you need to make the parts of your costume for the Manassas Christmas parade

start time 1:00

End time 4:00 (it will get dark early)

Address

7505 Essex Ave

Springfield, VA

We're turning our MINIs into toys!!! Dressing ourselves as elves

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

One other thing, can everyone bring some small candy canes? We like to give gifts to the crowd!!!!

Please make sure that everyone know that candy can not be thrown from vehicles, that is a huge point of safety they pass.:top:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I've got a lot of cardboard set aside. I'll need a lot but should have some to spare if anyone needs it. I also have some bottles of tempura paint, lots of brushes, scrap fabric, sewing machines etc

We can work in the garage if it's cold

What kinds of projects do people have planned?

I'm going to make cardboard wheels in blue (set of 8) and a big white circle with face for the front. I also need to figure out how to set the steam pipe on the top. I think instead of using the fog machine I'm going to get some batting or fluffy material and pop it out of the steam pipe.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I think I'll just make my windup key from the gray foamcore I got. I'll also see what I can do to help in the one hour I'm planning to be there.

I'm pretty sure we have razor blades but if you have a cutter bring it. If not, we'll find something to work

Tggrrr010.jpg

I've got a lot of cardboard set aside. I'll need a lot but should have some to spare if anyone needs it. I also have some bottles of tempura paint, lots of brushes, scrap fabric, sewing machines etc

We can work in the garage if it's cold

What kinds of projects do people have planned?

I'm going to make cardboard wheels in blue (set of 8) and a big white circle with face for the front. I also need to figure out how to set the steam pipe on the top. I think instead of using the fog machine I'm going to get some batting or fluffy material and pop it out of the steam pipe.

I think I've decided on a plane. I've got some cardboard if we can figure out how to attach wings, tail and propeller.

I would recommend a stabilizer going 45 degrees from the middle of the wing down to the door to help support. If you try to attach and hold the wing parallel to the door with out a support while driving it will be difficult.

Look through the Halloween custom thread the are a few good examples of wings. I remember someone doing a JetBlue costume a few years ago

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I would recommend a stabilizer going 45 degrees from the middle of the wing down to the door to help support. If you try to attach and hold the wing parallel to the door with out a support while driving it will be difficult.

Look through the Halloween custom thread the are a few good examples of wings. I remember someone doing a JetBlue costume a few years ago

We simplified and she's doing a helicopter!!!! :biggrin:

Tggrrr010.jpg