gather at 7:30 AM head for parade by 7:50

start location:

PTuning

9432 Center Point Ln, Manassas, VA 20110

Parade at 10:00 AM

Lunch after

The theme is Believe!!!

http://gmchristmasparade.org/about/

There are only 10 cars allowed to participate!!!

While we're limited to 10 MINIs, we can have other people walking, driving cardboard MINIs, holding the banner out front.... So still RSVP to help out even if your MINI can't be in the parade. Preference is given to people that have not been in the parade in the past. When you RSVP please make a note if you would like to drive or walk

Come join us in a Christmas Parade!!!

here's the parade route

https://gmchristmasparade.org/parade-route/

The plan is to create the magic of Christmas through Santa's Workshop. Dress as elves and make our MINIs look like toys.

Remember we cannot have a Santa. It's the parade rules so no Santa they can only have one in the parade.

Also walkers must be at least 8 years old

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Check out some highlights from last year

https://gmchristmasparade.org/2015-winners/

I'm going to update this thread with the drivers as people RSVP. People that have never driven in the parade get priority. If we wind up with 5 new people then 5 can drive that have driven before. EVERYONE CAN WALK

Definitely driving

Chrimson

Splat

Tiger's Mom

Wizzer

TGGRRR

Melissa99

mbiedzinski

Edited by TGGRRR

Tggrrr010.jpg

We need to gather and plan. I'm thinking the Sunday before the parade which is the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Does this work for people?

We can meet at my house in Springfield if no one else can host.

Think about what kind of toy your MINI will be and post it here. We need to figure out the logistics and supplies

If I drive River then she's going to be a train.

Wizzer are you doing the batmobile?

Please post here so we can start planning and give your feedback in regards to the meeting on the 26th

We also have to plan handouts for the crowd

Tggrrr010.jpg

We need to gather and plan. I'm thinking the Sunday before the parade which is the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Please post here so we can start planning and give your feedback in regards to the meeting on the 26th

That Sunday is November 27, not 26.

Either way, I can do. Mimi will be the HESS Truck.

-Chris

That Sunday is November 27, not 26.

Either way, I can do. Mimi will be the HESS Truck.

Thanks Chris

Yes the 27th. That's when family will be leaving so we can do something.

My thought is we gather to create the pieces that we'll need for the parade. As usual we'll assemble at the parade.

I'm thinking for River to be a train I'll need some sort of way to do something to her wheels and also make a smoke stack. It would be cool if I could rig the smoke machine to send smoke through the stack but I don't know if the car can generate enough power to run the smoke machine. We'll have to test it

Chris - How will you do the truck?

Tggrrr010.jpg

It would be cool if I could rig the smoke machine to send smoke through the stack but I don't know if the car can generate enough power to run the smoke machine

That would be awesome. A machine and power source isn't required, dry ice and thermoses with hot water could be all you need. Maybe attach a hose from your AC vents for puffing air.

Chris - How will you do the truck?

Much like Ecto-1, I can laser print out the logo here at work :listen: I'm also covering the sport stripes with green masking tape and the retracted rooftop with green wrapping paper. I *might* make a ladder out of styrofoam. But again, I think we all should attach foamboard toy windups to our antennas.

Edited by chrimson

-Chris

That would be awesome. A machine and power source isn't required, dry ice and thermoses with hot water could be all you need. Maybe attach a hose from your AC vents for puffing air.

Much like Ecto-1, I can laser print out the logo here at work :listen: I'm also covering the sport stripes with green masking tape and the retracted rooftop with green wrapping paper. I *might* make a ladder out of styrofoam. But again, I think we all should attach foamboard toy windups to our antennas.

Dry ice might be dangerous in the small vehicle. I'm not in the mood to suffocate in front of the children. I might swing for a small battery operated fog machine that I've been eyeing on Amazon, it's on sale and I love making fog

I think foamboard is fairly reasonable at Michael's there's one near my house. We should buy them all before we show up to my house though to save time.

I'll set up the event on the calendar.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Missed this thread before I replied to the "parade prep" one! I can make up a bunch of Santa hats with the "MINI" logo on them and (maybe) elf ears attached for any walkers/riders that wanted them. I was thinking the regular red/white fur but that may be too close to a "Santa" so maybe green/red fur. I've never made elf over "shoes" before but I may mock a set up and see how they turn out. Let me know what you think!

2011 Spice Orange Cabrio - embracing the chrome!

Missed this thread before I replied to the "parade prep" one! I can make up a bunch of Santa hats with the "MINI" logo on them and (maybe) elf ears attached for any walkers/riders that wanted them. I was thinking the regular red/white fur but that may be too close to a "Santa" so maybe green/red fur. I've never made elf over "shoes" before but I may mock a set up and see how they turn out. Let me know what you think!

I have a few sewing machines you can use if you want to play over here. I also have a serger

What are you dressing your MINI up as? If you don't have any ideas I was thinking a Hot Wheel would be cool

Tggrrr010.jpg

I have an idea for Paco' date=' but have NO clue how to execute. Drop the top and turn into a little red wagon...Thoughts?[/quote']

Cool idea. I have quite a bit of red wrapping paper that I was going to use for Halloween. Shouldn't be too hard to tape key panels, maybe get the idea across with Radio Flyer white lettering and somehow an external black handle at the front.

-Chris