GreenCactus

Portable Jump Start?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a portable jump box? After a minor panic this morning, I realized I need one of these. There won't always be someone around to give me a jump.

There are tons on Amazon, but it's really overwhelming and the reviews are all over the place. I don't need one with an air compressor, I already carry one of those. I don't care if it's one of the tiny ones that fits in the glove box, either. I just want it to work when I need it to.

If anyone has any personal recommendations, that would be great!

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I haven't used a jump box before, but I just got my monthly add from Harbor Freight (the cheap tool place). They are advertising a small (in your glove box) lithium-ion power pack for $59.99. Harbor Freight sells Chinese stuff. Some is good and some is junk. My guess would be this battery would not last as long as a expensive one, but how often do you use it? All the major battery operated tools are made in China now.

Costco has 2 different ones--one smaller than the other. I don't remember the exact prices, but I am sure they were well under a hundred (I think one of them was under $40 and the other one about $60).

Even if they are not the best, nothing beats Costco no-questions-asked return policy.

image.php?u=1457&type=sigpic&dateline=14

i have a couple of these in the house that i use to keep the R8 charged up during the cold seasons. works well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Battery-Tender-Junior-Charger/15779492

2k10 Mini Cooper S (R56) 6sp, Coilover suspension, K&N Intake, Alta hotside, Stoptech Rotors, 17" white wheels w/ Conti DW, and resonator delete, S42 turbo upgrade, upgraded intercooler, tuned 250whp.

2k9 Lexus RX350 AWD, Classic Metallic, Sirius radio.

2k8 Audi R8, 4.2, Silver Metallic, StaSis Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius radio (Totalled)

2k14 Audi R8 5.2 Suzuka Grey, Larini Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius, K&N Filters w/ silicoln sleeve and tuned.

I ended up getting this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DVSSCG6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I haven't had to use it yet, but hopefully it will work when I need it to!

I got to try this out this morning and it worked great! It couldn't have been easier and Cricket started right up. :rock:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186