TGGRRR (Ali)

MINIs Take the Beltway 8 Parade!

That was one of the best MTTBs yet. We look to have raised about $2500

For those that didn't hear the one bad thing was that one of our members was T-Boned getting to the mall. A guy made an illegal U-Turn from the wrong lane and hit Roxie. Luckily Roedell wasn't injured and Roxie can be fixed.

I want to thank everyone that helped to make this event happen. While you may have seen my name all over the place this was a team effort. Alex, Rey, Laura and Hilary all worked together to make the registration and raffle go smoothly. Our vendors came through with awesome prizes. Greg ran that parking lot perfectly. The Run leaders kept us all on track.

I had to charm the mall cops yet another year as they tried to strong arm us. :biggrin:

I know I'm forgetting people and if I did, I'm sorry.

Looking forward to next year!!!

#MTTB9 2017

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I came straight from my job overnight to the event. I was beat but I stayed til everyone rolled out and broke away from the group. It felt good to be out with a good amount of mini enthusiast as I. Thank you guys for being so welcoming and friendly.

2011 JCW R55

@Juzt.Dope.Music

Edited by BomptonBoi
forgot something

Operation Second Chance is very excited about our donation and said that we are assisting in making a meaningful difference in a wounded veterans life. Here are a few examples from last week where they assisted.

Scott is a veteran suffering from stage 4 terminal cancer, believed to be caused by burn pits while on deployment. He is the father of 4 young children. OSC has teamed up with several other organizations to make his wish last come true. He was actually able leave his hospital room at Walter Reed yesterday morning and travel by private plane, along with his wife and 4 children for a few days in Florida, in hopes of getting to Disney. This will be the last time this family will have a chance to spend quality time together on a vacation. L One organization covered the flight, one covered their lodging and OSC has provided spending money and funds for food. Hospice is also there with them…

Another request from a case worker, letting us know that we lost another soldier this week. Jason took his life a few days ago. The case worker asked for assistance for Jason’s young daughter. She will now go live with her grandparents in another state. As the survivor of a father that took his own life, my heart goes out to this family. It just breaks my heart that so many live with the trauma of war and feel like there is no hope of ever living with the horrible after-effects of combat. There is so much left to do, to give these Soldiers and Marines hope for a new tomorrow….

Another request from a case worker, of a female soldier that was hit by a car while running PT one morning this week. Ms. Tucker comes from a family that is very poor and they didn’t have the funds to travel to be by her bedside; which appears to be very grim. OSC has provided emergency lodging, travel and funds to her parents, so they could be with her.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Were we mentioned on WTOP? I thought I heard something over the walkie radios.

Yes, they were giving updates on us every 10 or 15 minutes while they were doing the regular traffic reports.

Awesome! Hopefully they were talking about us in a positive light. [emoji6]

Check out https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/mttb8/ and you'll see some photos and a video clip of the WTOP shout out.

THAT. WAS. AWESOME.

On the 8s or when it breaks
Yeah, I called them all in, but they left us off in the last 20 minutes (the last 2 "8s")... there was just way too much accident activity, so they didn't have time to mention us at that point. Oh well - what can you do? They still gave us a shout out for the first five (or so) "8s" :)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

For those that didn't hear the one bad thing was that one of our members was T-Boned getting to the mall. A guy made an illegal U-Turn from the wrong lane and hit Roxie. Luckily Roedell wasn't injured and Roxie can be fixed.

Roxie is currently undergoing rehab. Thanks to my DCMetroMinis family for helping me get it together after the crash. Cant wait to get her back! :motor::motor::motor: NOW IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO #MTTB9!!

2015 Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S F56

6MT, Premium, Cold Weather, Media, LED, HUD

NM Engineering Power module

Borla Touring axle back exhaust

JCW style bonnet stripes

Roxie is currently undergoing rehab. Thanks to my DCMetroMinis family for helping me get it together after the crash. Cant wait to get her back! :motor::motor::motor: NOW IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO #MTTB9!!

Damn! Sorry to hear that! Glad everything is going to be ok.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Thanks to DCMM, all participants and even all Beltway drivers (who probably won't see this) for putting up with my hotshot driving :rock: Here are the results:

Sorry I missed cars in the front because of technical issues.

THAT. WAS. AWESOME. INDEED.

Sorry, I had to cancel, Dad in hospital and had to be there. I HOPE to participate next year. The videos were so great to see. Thanks. Lee