TGGRRR (Ali)

Tint party

Ceramic tint + $40

is this worth it? Does anyone notice any interference with their technology gadgets and regular film? Is there any additional benefit of the Ceramic?

Apologies if this was answered elsewhere, I did try a search, but couldn't find anything on our forum... of course the websites where they're trying to sell you the stuff claim that it's necessary.

Thoughts?

Ceramic will last longer (less fading or peeling) and also blocks more heat (40-50% more!) at the same percentage. No issue with technology blocking, as it is non-metallic.

Worth the premium, IMO.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Looks like we're rolling into a second day. Working out the details now but Jaimie (REV JD) is offering to host. Since her roommate and herself each want tint they are meeting the two car minimum.

I will set up a separate event once all of the details are confirmed. So if you can't get in on Sat, then we have space on Sun

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Appointment schedule

1. 08:30 John (Obsessive) Corvette 90 minutes

2. 10:00 Denny (Rchitct) 1 hourish

3. 11:00 John (voughtman) 1 hourish

4. 12:15 Matt (Sporkeh) 1 and a half hours

5 & 6. 2:00 Justin (Se7er) 3 hours

7. 5:00 Erik (04R53)

Tggrrr010.jpg

Appointment schedule

1. 08:30 John (Obsessive) Corvette 90 minutes

2. 10:00 Denny (Rchitct) 1 hourish

3. 11:00 John (voughtman) 1 hourish

4. 12:15 Matt (Sporkeh) 1 and a half hours

5 & 6. 2:00 Justin (Se7er) 3 hours

7. 5:00 Erik (04R53)

Which location is this list for?

I have you for both vehicles at 2:00

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D.B.'s Facebook Page - facebook.com/DBMiniCooper

I'm trying to understand the pricing on get the R53 done. Is it: 2 door cars $130 (1 hourish) + Ceramic tint $40= $170?

What is the $25 with the car/ $50 on its own charge? If i'm there to move the car, is it less? Sorry if i'm reading to much into this, just trying to determine how much to bring. Thanks :)

[ross]

I'm trying to understand the pricing on get the R53 done. Is it: 2 door cars $130 (1 hourish) + Ceramic tint $40= $170?

What is the $25 with the car/ $50 on its own charge? If i'm there to move the car, is it less? Sorry if i'm reading to much into this, just trying to determine how much to bring. Thanks :)

[ross]

I believe that's the cost of the windshield stripes... $25 if you're getting the rest of the car tinted, $50 on its own.

If I had to guess, he can use extra film not used in the tinting of the windows to do the windshield stripe... hence the discount. Otherwise he's cutting a windshield-wide stripe out of his tint roll.

[ross]

I believe that's the cost of the windshield stripes... $25 if you're getting the rest of the car tinted, $50 on its own.

If I had to guess, he can use extra film not used in the tinting of the windows to do the windshield stripe... hence the discount. Otherwise he's cutting a windshield-wide stripe out of his tint roll.

What Mike said is correct. If you're tinting the car anyway he charges $25 more if you want the windshield strip. If you only do the windshield strip it's $50

Tggrrr010.jpg

What Mike said is correct. If you're tinting the car anyway he charges $25 more if you want the windshield strip. If you only do the windshield strip it's $50

Thank you for clearing that up...it's been one of those Mondays :banghead:

I'll let you resume your normally scheduled motoring. :motor:

Thank you for clearing that up...it's been one of those Mondays :banghead:

I'll let you resume your normally scheduled motoring. :motor:

I telework on Mondays but I did motor on to Whole Foods at lunch to go grocery shopping. Does that count? :motor: :rofl:

Tggrrr010.jpg

All ready and waiting for the first mods on our garage

So cool! Oh, wait, i have to clean mine for tomorrow! LOL

I want pics throughout the day, before and after :)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Jamie Dee & Kamala

Yesterday was a lot of fun and it was great seeing everyone.

We did discover that Waze gets you to our house for but Google maps will send you the wrong way down or street. I've logged a correction with Google. Hopefully it's fixed by the picnic but if not I'll post a map to show the proper direction. Of course if you use Waze you'll be just fine

Tggrrr010.jpg

Yesterday was a lot of fun and it was great seeing everyone.

We did discover that Waze gets you to our house for but Google maps will send you the wrong way down or street. I've logged a correction with Google. Hopefully it's fixed by the picnic but if not I'll post a map to show the proper direction. Of course if you use Waze you'll be just fine

Thanks for having me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04R53