Goose

First Annual Maryland Blue Crab Run

Details:

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Please arrive at 7:00 am. Wheels up at 7:30. Give you plenty of time to get that cupajoe, gas, or anything else you need. Will update with additional details later.

Start:

Starbucks

1011 Edwards Ferry Rd. NE

Leesburg, VA 20176

End:

Cantler's Riverside Inn

458 Forest Beach Road

Annapolis, MD 21409

Route Details (subject to change):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bOsdnehiC75E-p1ZYdALGrqcfA4&usp=sharing

**RSVPs Now Closed**

15 Individuals, 10 MINIs

SneakyBaron + 1 guest

chrimson

IndiCooper + 1 guest

wyretrip + 1 guest - w00t!

NYRican MC40

TGGRRR + 1 guest

BendersMINI

Obsessive

German

Brandy_Brown + 1 guest

Hello All. I'm putting together the first annual MD blue crab run which features a popular Annapolis, MD restaurant.

This is an ENDURANCE run. It will take most of the morning. The run itself starts in Leesburg and will take 2 hours and 40 minutes.

Since I don't believe I can cut off RSVPs at 10 cars, I'll be keeping a separate list. I'll do my best to make this as fair as possible and I'll keep people up-to-date.

Note: You do not have to get crab at the restaurant. There are a variety of other seafood and some non seafood options.

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

When are you enabling RSVPs

BTW - I hate crabs but I loved that restaurant

July 1st.

When are you enabling RSVPs

RSVPs will open on July 1st.
<cough> Ahem. :tongue:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Oh, wow! Ali, he just changed your handle to....:vroom:
If the shoe fits... :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Alex,

I have been to that restaurant before and I totally understand the limited parking space situation that you had described. Still we can work around this by finding a nearby public parking lot and carpool to the restaurant, right? Just an idea.

D

Alex,

I have been to that restaurant before and I totally understand the limited parking space situation that you had described. Still we can work around this by finding a nearby public parking lot and carpool to the restaurant, right? Just an idea.

D

Is there a nearby lot to stage from ? I thought that place was surrounded by houses

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

There is a Navy Marine Corps Thrift Store (31 Alder Rd, Annapolis, MD 21402) that is eight minutes away from the restaurant. They are closed on Saturday and have plenty of parking.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/31+Alder+Rd,+Annapolis,+MD+21402/@38.9908427,-76.4662039,205m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89b7f7d1bd189b25:0xfdd44f44975bb156!8m2!3d38.9908!4d-76.4658?hl=en

D

There is a Navy Marine Corps Thrift Store (31 Alder Rd, Annapolis, MD 21402) that is eight minutes away from the restaurant. They are closed on Saturday and have plenty of parking.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/31+Alder+Rd,+Annapolis,+MD+21402/@38.9908427,-76.4662039,205m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89b7f7d1bd189b25:0xfdd44f44975bb156!8m2!3d38.9908!4d-76.4658?hl=en

D

If we have parking issues that's a great idea!

Just one other point is that the restaurant is not huge and I am pretty sure they don't take reservations. So I think even if we stage some cars and save on parking if the group gets too big it will be harder to find seating.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I live 15 minutes from Cantler's and have been there several times. Just an FYI: VERY limited parking and on weekends, a wait for a group your size could be an hour or more. There's no place to wait prior to seating, except in a parking lot i.e. no place to sit.

Good luck.

If we have parking issues that's a great idea!

Just one other point is that the restaurant is not huge and I am pretty sure they don't take reservations. So I think even if we stage some cars and save on parking if the group gets too big it will be harder to find seating.

I believe they do take reservations of parties with 10 or more people...so let me do some digging. This may be a option.

I live 15 minutes from Cantler's and have been there several times. Just an FYI: VERY limited parking and on weekends, a wait for a group your size could be an hour or more. There's no place to wait prior to seating, except in a parking lot i.e. no place to sit.

Good luck.

Thank you. We've done this before with close to 10 people and it was a success without reservations. I will likely place a reservation. However, I will talk to their staff to see if a group of 20 is even feasible. I have personally been there with a group close to 20, no reservations, and we were still fine (maybe 30 min wait), so, I think we should be fine. We also plan to get there when they open. I'm far more concerned about the parking issue.

However, Denny's idea may work.

Thank you. We've done this before with close to 10 people and it was a success without reservations. I will likely place a reservation. However, I will talk to their staff to see if a group of 20 is even feasible. I have personally been there with a group close to 20, no reservations, and we were still fine (maybe 30 min wait), so, I think we should be fine. We also plan to get there when they open. I'm far more concerned about the parking issue.

However, Denny's idea may work.

Yeah parking's a problem there. We've actually had to sit in a line of cars, waiting for a space to open. Then again, it was a Saturday night so they were very busy. Wish I lived closer then you could park in my driveway...

Alex,

D

Meant to respond to this. Yes, as long as no one will get towed, etc for being on private property, then it's an idea definitely worth considering.

However, I still want to keep the number of people down so as to make it enjoyable for those involved. The restaurant is not huge and I take it people will want to be outside if it is a nice day. I also don't want to run into the issue of a huge wait because we have too many...but I think I can mitigate that by one of two (or both) things:

- a reservation for more than 10 individuals.

- getting there early

Would definitely like to join this one! Is it possible to see the route ahead of time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll do my best. I'm still working on it. There were definitely some issues during he pre-run that need to be ironed out. But I'll shoot to have the route up before July 1st

**UPDATE**

Based on traffic conditions, I've changed this run to a Sunday morning, July 24th. We should get out of the most congested areas before people wake up. Or at least that's the hope anyway.

Also, you can now view the route above...as always, the route is subject to change.

**UPDATE**

Based on traffic conditions, I've changed this run to a Sunday morning, July 24th. We should get out of the most congested areas before people wake up. Or at least that's the hope anyway.

Also, you can now view the route above...as always, the route is subject to change.

Thanks for the update. What are you thinking for the restaurant limit? I know the place gets packed

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thanks for the update. What are you thinking for the restaurant limit? I know the place gets packed

If each person were to bring a significant other, we would be at 20 people and the covered tables outside can definitely handle that. We would just need to be there as early as we plan so we can get parked and get prime seating.

I'm sure some people won't bring a significant other and therefore the number will likely be less than 20.

IM OFF THAT DAY!!!!! OMG I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GO NOW!! :party:

I'll believe this when you've signed up and I see you that morning. :tongue:

Also, I'm going to need a navigator...does anyone want to go but not drive?

Or, does any one want to lead and I'll navigate?

Edited by Shadow