VioletDC

Walnut Blasting MCS

Does any1 know of a shop that does this 4 MINIs? Preferably in MD/VA? I believe Scoopie (10 yrs old!) needs 2 have it done ... reasonably priced, of course. :tongue:

TIA!

Audrey - I don't think walnut blasting is as much of a big deal on 1st Gens as it is on 2nd Gens... but I'm not an "expert" on it.

At the very least, a good Seafoam party would be really helpful for those of us with aging MINIs. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I have never heard of this being done on the first-gen. Only second-gen.

Check with one of the reputable vendors.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Second gen cars have direct injection. That means the fuel is injected directly in the combustion chamber. First gen cars inject the fuel in the port leading to the combustion chamber. The problem with carbon on the valves doesn't happen on first gen because the fuel washes the oil coming down the valve guide off. The oil lubricating the valve to guide interface can build up deposits because there isn't anything to wash it off on second gen cars. They now have chemicals to clean the valves so you do not have to disassemble half the engine to clean the deposits of the valves.

Not sure if you still haven't gotten this service done yet but we have a discount at GT Peace Auto in Chantilly. I had mine done for $400 about a month ago, but just be aware you may have other problems that may come-up if you have a N14 motor.

2k10 Mini Cooper S (R56) 6sp, Coilover suspension, K&N Intake, Alta hotside, Stoptech Rotors, 17" white wheels w/ Conti DW, and resonator delete, S42 turbo upgrade, upgraded intercooler, tuned 250whp.

2k9 Lexus RX350 AWD, Classic Metallic, Sirius radio.

2k8 Audi R8, 4.2, Silver Metallic, StaSis Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius radio (Totalled)

2k14 Audi R8 5.2 Suzuka Grey, Larini Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius, K&N Filters w/ silicoln sleeve and tuned.