kickn_wing

skyline dr fun

ok guys so here it is, this is not gonna be a normal guided run, I'm going to call it an adventure run. We are gonna meet up at the beech springs gift shop, go up 211 to the entrance to skyline dr, once inside you are on your own, free to stop and go as you please. With a final meet up at Backroom Brewery. Carmen 63 is also running another run which will be a normal run for those who would like that. this event page will be only for the ones coming with me

1030 meetup time with a 1100 wheels up and moving

meet up location

Beech Spring Gift Shop

11600 Lee Hwy

Sperryville, VA 22740

final stop

Sunflower Cottage,

150 Ridgemont Road,

Middletown, VA 22645

HOONIGAN

Manic stage 2+, H&R springs, H-Sport 19mm sway bar, K&N intake, Forge Bov, Miltek downpipe, Mini Challenge Exhaust, Alta hotside pipe, Noname Intercooler, Cravenspeed short shifter, Sneed4speed Billyclub, Sneed4speed Aero Package, Sneed4speed

ETR, Sneed4speed track rotors, Carbontech AX6 brake pads

FYI I was there yesterday, did the route from Front Royal to the Skyland Resort turnoff (highest point on Skyline Drive) then turned around and got off at the 211 gate.

They're in the middle of repaving Skyline Drive, and there was a long (~2+ miles) stretch that was one lane only, with a 'follow me' truck leading the way.

I can make a run over the week prior if you'd like, and see where they are with the paving process.

ALSO - Prices went up at some point. It's now $20 per car instead of $15.

yeah you can..someone was telling me about a car club price, im going to be calling them once i get home from leave

HOONIGAN

Manic stage 2+, H&R springs, H-Sport 19mm sway bar, K&N intake, Forge Bov, Miltek downpipe, Mini Challenge Exhaust, Alta hotside pipe, Noname Intercooler, Cravenspeed short shifter, Sneed4speed Billyclub, Sneed4speed Aero Package, Sneed4speed

yeah you can..someone was telling me about a car club price, im going to be calling them once i get home from leave

A few years ago there was a group we went with the car club price was like $200. They don't really like car clubs because so many have misbehaved.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Sept 26 is a free day. It's also a Saturday, and will probably be packed.

Ali might be referring to a 'Special Use Permit' that has a $200 non-refundable application fee.

http://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisit/upload/10-930-event-or-general-app-2.pdf

I have a lifetime pass good for free entry into all National Parks, so I'd be using that. :top:

yeah i have a military pass, So I called them and left a message for more info. I'm pretty sure they are just gonna say that we just have to pay the normal fee. That $200 fee looks to be if you wanted to use a facility or shot for a movie/tv kinda thing

HOONIGAN

yeah i have a military pass, So I called them and left a message for more info. I'm pretty sure they are just gonna say that we just have to pay the normal fee. That $200 fee looks to be if you wanted to use a facility or shot for a movie/tv kinda thing

It was for large groups. At the time they told a car club with over 20 cars coming that they had to pay the group fee. There was no facility or movie thing going on. There were also a lot of issues then with car clubs really causing issues. The fee may no longer exist.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'll update as I get more info

HOONIGAN

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited to have found DC Metro Minis!

Oct 31 will be my 1 year anniversary as a MINI owner.

Do you have to be a full member to attend a run/drive/event?

Thanks!!

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary

Anyone can attend our events, you're welcome to attend.

There are benefits to becoming a full member like discounts at the dealerships, access to the private members forum on the site, the ability to create sales threads in the marketplace and you can attend our annual meeting and come to the picnic for free.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thanks TGGRRR!!

My plan is to join but if I remember correctly it's quarterly.

I'll RSVP as soon as I can confirm I'll be able to attend!

Will more details become available as things are finalized such as meeting time?

Edited by AJZGIGI

My plan is to join but if I remember correctly it's quarterly.
It's actually an annual membership, but it's tied to the calendar year... so the price is discounted in each quarter since it isn't for a full year. Everyone's full year renewal is due in January, regardless of when you join. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Will more details become available as things are finalized such as meeting time?

You bet. I plan on doing some recon myself, to test out a few routes, check on the ongoing paving, etc. I have a few places in mind, but it'll take a few trips to check them out - and the Front Royal entrance to Skyline Drive is about an hour from my house.

AJZGIGI our prices are discounted quarterly to be fair to new members in their first year based on the amount of time they got to benefit from the club. As Ali (TGGRRR) mentioned the Annual Meeting is at the end of Sept which is only for members. The club provides a chili buffet lunch and members vote for the new board.

Signature.JPG

I went out again Friday, and the paving has been completed. However, they have to go back and stripe it. The Park Ranger at the gate said there's another project scheduled to start on Aug 31, but wasn't sure what that was. That might be the striping.

sorry guys im working on details now...be up tommorw

HOONIGAN