TGGRRR (Ali)

Sunday April 26

I'll try and get some time estimates tomorrow on map quest. Here's a link to a discussion that I started on Motoring Alliance about the subject.

http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/minis-dragon-13-april-29-may-2-2015/24353-route-dragon.html

I'll chat with Mark about it. I really like to get there with a full tank of gas and get some groceries before settling in, but he's more of an adventurer than I am.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Using Google Earth and directions to start just before the Kodak, TN exit from 81 and finish on Welsh Road at Fontana...

Catching 129 in Knoxville - 84.0 miles, 1 hour 49 minutes

Route 66 cut across through Seymour to Foothills Pkwy - 72 Miles, 1 hour 53 minutes

I'm going to check some other routes as well...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

La Mosa

2006 JCW R53

You say you want a Revolution...

Using Google Earth and directions to start just before the Kodak, TN exit from 81 and finish on Welsh Road at Fontana...

Catching 129 in Knoxville - 84.0 miles, 1 hour 49 minutes

Route 66 cut across through Seymour to Foothills Pkwy - 72 Miles, 1 hour 53 minutes

I'm going to check some other routes as well...

Sounds good, especially if we get off of 81 sooner

Tggrrr010.jpg

:top:

As long as I'm not leading I'm good with it

I can lead. I've driven the route in my head a couple of times already today. There's a Exxon gas station and and a big Krogers along the route in Pigeon Forge about 60 miles from Fontana that we can hit to stock up on food.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

La Mosa

2006 JCW R53

I can lead. I've driven the route in my head a couple of times already today. There's a Exxon gas station and and a big Krogers along the route in Pigeon Forge about 60 miles from Fontana that we can hit to stock up on food.

Perfect!!! We'll need gas and food!

Tggrrr010.jpg

I have driven that way a number of times. We go to Gatlinburg to see friends and I leave there to come to the Dragon. It will be longer, but a much nicer ride. I do not think it will be a lot longer however. A different route to the Dragon would be to come through Gatlinburg and over the mountain into Cherokee. Then you get on the highway that takes you to 28 and Fontana.

Waddya say that each car burns CDs of their favorite driving music for each of the other cars in the caravan???

Might be fun! :idea::wink:

I already made mine...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

La Mosa

2006 JCW R53

Waddya say that each car burns CDs of their favorite driving music for each of the other cars in the caravan???

Might be fun! :idea::wink:

I already made mine...

I use my iPod but I'm not sure you'd want my crazy music which can range from the Muppets to classic rock to 80's hip hop and some other random stuff

Tggrrr010.jpg

That looks perfect, it's just over an hour from us.

Is 7:00AM good for everyone to meet there? I know we'll probably roll out by 7:20

Krystal and I will be joining the caravan on Sunday. By the way, we still have 3 bedrooms avaliable in our cabin from Tuesday until Sunday. The cabin is just about 7 miles away, and the cost per room, per night, would be about $50.

image.php?u=1457&type=sigpic&dateline=14

Krystal and I will be joining the caravan on Sunday. By the way, we still have 3 bedrooms avaliable in our cabin from Tuesday until Sunday. The cabin is just about 7 miles away, and the cost per room, per night, would be about $50.

Your cabin is cheap!!!

If you're looking for someone and don't find them here then try the Motoring Alliance board. I can find the link if you need it

Tggrrr010.jpg

I use my iPod but I'm not sure you'd want my crazy music which can range from the Muppets to classic rock to 80's hip hop and some other random stuff

I use my iPod too, but made some CDs anyway. Pretty much classic rock from the 60's and 70's. Good motoring music to get you pumped up for the twisties!:rock:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

La Mosa

2006 JCW R53

I use my iPod too, but made some CDs anyway. Pretty much classic rock from the 60's and 70's. Good motoring music to get you pumped up for the twisties!:rock:

OK, I'll admit it. I have no CD's that I could write too and I'm just plain too lazy to go buy some. :embarassed:

Tggrrr010.jpg

Your cabin is cheap!!!

If you're looking for someone and don't find them here then try the Motoring Alliance board. I can find the link if you need it

I will certainly do that--hopefully later today. Thank you, Ali.

image.php?u=1457&type=sigpic&dateline=14

How about?

Wilco Travel Plaza

1014 Mount Olive Rd, Toms Brook, VA 22660

Just off of exit 291, a few miles south of 66 on 81.

According to the pilot website, this is now a Pilot Flying J truck stop.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

La Mosa

2006 JCW R53

I can afford this! But school wont permit me the days off :banghead:

Motor on my friends!:motor:

---

Amit