TGGRRR (Ali)

Greater Manassas Christmas Day Parade

Sorry to hear about your predicament Catalina. Hope you get better soon. I'm in FL and return on Dec 2nd. I can walk or bring DBEEST to parade. Let me know what you need and I'll be there first thing on Saturday.

Al, reach out to Corey. I think there were a couple of car spots available and he probably can tell you what theme is missing

image.php?u=1209&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I was talking with Brandy on Sunday (should have made the comment earlier) and she mentioned lunch after the parade. I was thinking we can go to 234 in Manassas and there are various places to eat. We tought that Logans Steak house would be a good option. Any toughts?

Good idea

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

How is everyone applying stuff to their cars? I'm concerned about damaging the paint or leaving residue afterward. Additionally my decorations were designed to be used with the top down and no rain, so I'm not sure what to do now. I have a big stuffed bear I was going to tie onto the boot too, but I don't want him all wet either. Suggestions?

image.php?u=179&type=sigpic&dateline=140

How is everyone applying stuff to their cars? I'm concerned about damaging the paint or leaving residue afterward. Additionally my decorations were designed to be used with the top down and no rain, so I'm not sure what to do now. I have a big stuffed bear I was going to tie onto the boot too, but I don't want him all wet either. Suggestions?

He can always ride in the passangers seat and wave!! we will make sure you are on the rightside so it is on the side facing the crowd.

blue painter tape works great with not leaving residue.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I was talking with Brandy on Sunday (should have made the comment earlier) and she mentioned lunch after the parade. I was thinking we can go to 234 in Manassas and there are various places to eat. We tought that Logans Steak house would be a good option. Any toughts?
Oh I'm all about the steak... about the steak... about the steak... NO VEGGIES! :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

He can always ride in the passangers seat and wave!! we will make sure you are on the rightside so it is on the side facing the crowd.

blue painter tape works great with not leaving residue.

Ali also said gaffers tape which I will have some there.

Gaffers tape will probably work better in the rain and won't harm the paint. Blue painters tape will leave less residue but I know from autocross it won't stick well in the rain. If you're really worried about your paint apply a light coat of wax or detailing spray first to help with removal later.

I agree with Corey (Wow, this is a first) put your stuffed animal inside the passenger seat

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm dropping SMOKIE off for Service Saturday AM. If anyone needs a co-pilot, Swing by and pick me up.

:itsme:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

We have to be at PTuning by 7:30 I think it might be too early

I can drop her Friday night but I understand if you can't find a spot for "The Quitta"

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I'm looking at the weather and it looks like we should be OK while we prep the cars, during the parade we might get light rain and the heavier rain will be in the afternoon. Let's hope it stays like that

I fingers crossed

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I have waterproofed all of the jokes and chatted with Mike at P-Tuning. If it's raining we can pull the MINIs inside, dry them off apply decoration and then send them back out :top:

I know Haemish and I will need to do that. Make sure you guys bring microfiber towels

Tggrrr010.jpg

Are we going to be able to get to the staging area from P tuning?

I just looked at where P-Tuning is on the map, and they are past the end of the parade route, which means for us to get to the staging area we need to drive up the parade route.

Do we know what time they are closing the roads?

Brian

2006 British racing green with black roof.