Poison Ivy

Toys for Tots Drive 2014

Hey everyone, I just want to gauge interest in our club participating in Toys For Tots again this year. Last year a group of us volunteered to drive to the four local dealerships to pick up the donated toys and met up at the National Harbor in order to caravan to Anacostia and drop off the toys with the Marines.

This year in addition to dropping off the toys, I would like to volunteer at the toy collection site to assist the Marines with toy sorting for a couple of hours. I was one of the Marines stationed at Anacostia working countless hours during the busy season and every little bit helps. We had our regular jobs/mission, then we were out at events almost every evening collecting toys, followed by weekends sorting toys.

We need is at least four volunteers to pick up the toys from the dealerships.

PMoA - Catalina & Ali

MoS - Rey

MoMoCo -

MoA -

Signature.JPG

Picking up Toys from the dealers is good and all, but would anyone be interested in an actual event to gather toys? In the past I organized a car show that required a toy for entry and I have been to events where a performance shop (cough cough PTuning) hosted a big meet/bbq and entry was a toy (shop provided food).

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Picking up Toys from the dealers is good and all, but would anyone be interested in an actual event to gather toys? In the past I organized a car show that required a toy for entry and I have been to events where a performance shop (cough cough PTuning) hosted a big meet/bbq and entry was a toy (shop provided food).

I think that this would be an awesome addition to the event.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I have been the T4T contact at our agency for the past six years. Just an FYI, those dragons (and Big Bird) are very cute, however, the Marines do not accept stuffed animals as donations to T4T. They may take them in, but are then supposedly given to some other charity and not directly to the T4T recipients. They also do not accept military-, law enforcement-, or weapon-themed toys; toys including chemicals; toys with candy; and monetary donations. Just something to think about if you're out doing any T4T shopping this weekend.

image.php?u=179&type=sigpic&dateline=140