Lt. Dan

What did you do to your Mini today?

1 hour ago, SneakyBaron said:

Stopped at OutMotoring to get these Union Jack lights they had just gotten in while we were down at the Dragon last week. Also picked up the blackout light surrounds and received the GP2 shift knob for my birthday. We got home a few hours ago and figured while I have the energy might as well get it all done!

Very nice!! I love those taillights!!

10 minutes ago, SneakyBaron said:

Yep sweeping from the bottom going up and out. The red when lights are turned on also do a cool startup sequence.

Oh sweet! Been looking for those in the US. Could only find the cheap ones that didn’t sweep. How much were they if you don’t mind me asking?

I just ordered some parts.  SIGH... if you don't know, some first-gens suffer from a problem where the first stage radiator cooling fan fails. Mine had failed and I drove for a long time with it that way, then finally, over the last winter, I tore the front end off my MINI to repair a bunch of stuff, including the failed fan. It worked for a few months, but seems to have failed again. So, I just ordered some parts necessary for the fix. I'm going to hopefully make a more robust repair this time!  Has anyone else with a first gen been through this?

UPDATE: Well, false alarm. parts returned! The parts I installed were fine, it was just me being over-protective. After monitoring with my scangauge for a while and some voltage and relay tests, I realized all was working fine. So... YAY!

Edited by Scavenger
  • Like 1

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

On 9/29/2021 at 11:38 AM, MASchultz13 said:
Finally got my coilovers installed! After speaking with the technicians at PTuning, I only went 1" lower as that puts the control arms right at parallel with the ground which is ideal for handling purposes. I think it looks great, and it handles amazingly!! Can't wait for the next run!

On a side note, I wasn't aware until last night that PTuning offered 10% discount on labor to DCMM members, so I got to use that! AWESOME!!!

My MCS 0-1.jpg

Looks great. We have club discounts with PTuning and GTPeace. We will be working to re-establish agreement with other vendors in the near future. 

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Quick update, I finished up my work on B.A. back in the Spring. Two things related to cooling system:

1. CSF aluminum radiator
  2. Dorman fan control resistor

I haven't done a writeup on them yet, but after installing both, coolant temps are staying where they should (~191 F), both fan stages are working as intended. I can use the air conditioning again!!!!!! 

• Like 3

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

2 minutes ago, twakefield said:

^^ Nice work.  Love the red accents.  

I also love how all the white helps hide the sunroof glass.

His son did the design, and he asked if I could make it into a graphic. 

the owner of the MINI is Colin, he is a staple at the Tail of the Dragon. Not only for MINIs on the Dragon, but randomly throughout the year. he estimated he has 15,000 miles on the Tail of the Dragon!!! 

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Replaced the stock run-flats with non-run-flat Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06's.  Big difference in ride quality and road noise.  Have't checked out the performance yet.  Ordered them online from Tire Rack on Thursday and they installed them right in my driveway this afternoon.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MASchultz13 said:

Removed my seats so I can replace the Harman Kardon subs with the Bavsound Ghost subs. Sounds great, BUT now my airbag light is on :( Anyone have access to a scan tool that can clear it for me?

I typically have a scanner in my trunk.  If you can wait till the Tri-State run I can clear it then.  Or we meet up sooner, but my schedule is a mess for a couple days.