Lt. Dan

What did you do to your Mini today?

Yesterday I installed the smart pulsar for my third brake light! Its got a few settings controlled by jumpers which are included and is super tiny!

https://youtube.com/shorts/CG-OCFQn_qM?feature=share

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MASchultz13 said:

Today I redid my hood/bonnet stripes. I replaced the metallic black/silver outline (that I took off the other day) with gloss black/red outline.

My Mini 0.jpg

My Mini Front Top.jpg

I love your hood emblem so much, Now I want to get a custom one like that!

So recently while rooting around in my trunk I realized how sick I was of the one little light and how bright it was (or lack thereof)

Using my knowledge of electronics and tools at hand I built some connectors, put on some crimp splicers on the existing light wires, plugged spade terminals into said splicers and tada, I have a super simple way to power some 12v LED strips. I made sure to leave the connection to the splice as a connector itself if I desire to change the white lights for RGB or even programmable ones. I couldnt be happier with how bright it is now! 

Best part: Because its spliced into the existing light wire, these function exactly the same! Off when the hatch is closed, on when its open!

PXL_20210731_21225574.jpg

• Like 3

Not necessarily a modification by normal means. But while visiting Mini of Alexandria to get something looked at they busted one of my rally lights! They ran it through their car wash and the bolt sheered right off the mount. (mount is totally fine, that thing is SOLID). They are replacing it and even getting me more of the hex film I put over the lens to help protect it so im not SUPER upset. Itll be easy to bolt on and reconnect the new light but for now Cricket is just going to be looking a bit funny with lopsided rally lights.

231778976_847776862538074_2587280395297310087_n.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mav said:

Not necessarily a modification by normal means. But while visiting Mini of Alexandria to get something looked at they busted one of my rally lights! They ran it through their car wash and the bolt sheered right off the mount. (mount is totally fine, that thing is SOLID). They are replacing it and even getting me more of the hex film I put over the lens to help protect it so im not SUPER upset. Itll be easy to bolt on and reconnect the new light but for now Cricket is just going to be looking a bit funny with lopsided rally lights.

When I went there I never let them wash it. Saw quite a few bent up license plates coming out of there. Specially now with the JCW fixed wing, that you can't get anymore, not a chance they will ever wash it.

• Like 1

IMG_0147.jpg

2 hours ago, SneakyBaron said:

When I went there I never let them wash it. Saw quite a few bent up license plates coming out of there. Specially now with the JCW fixed wing, that you can't get anymore, not a chance they will ever wash it.

Thats just it, they havent washed it before since I put the lights on! No idea why they did it this time. Especially since these lights have an OEM equivalent that im sure has the same issue if installed. Either way I contacted Hella who gave me the local distributor info, passed that on to my guy handling this at Mini of Alexandria. Hopefully they will get it ordered soon.

Today I installed the cravenspeed phone mount! I decided to use my previous holder as I cant do magnetic but its amazing! Going to get the extended arm for my own personal preference but I finally have the phone right where I need it.

Snapchat-2122229707.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coopah said:

Finished the graphic.  Not thrilled with the way it came out.  A lot of bubbles and a couple of wrinkles.  I may re-do it at some point.  It's just my way of paying respect to our fallen military heroes in light of the Kabul tragedy.

Nice touch! If you redo it, spray the window down with windex (or better, a water/dish soap combo (about 5 drops of Dawn to a bottle of water), then place the decal while the window is wet. Once it's exactly as you want it, use a felt-lined squeegee, from the center out to get all the liquid out. Should end up with no bubbles or wrinkles. I only live about an hour away from Fairfax if you want some help with it.

I also already have silver vinyl if you'd like me to cut you a new one.

Edited by MASchultz13
Addition.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, MASchultz13 said:

Nice touch! ...

Thanks for the tip, Michael.  I didn't even think of a wet application.  That's how I did my stripes.  Thanks for the offer to help too.  Hmm...Maybe we should have a club graphics meet!

Also, I removed the Go Badges for now, as there seemed to be too much going on in the rear.

IMG_3495.jpg

Edited by Coopah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coopah said:

Finished the graphic.  Not thrilled with the way it came out.  A lot of bubbles and a couple of wrinkles.  I may re-do it at some point.  It's just my way of paying respect to our fallen military heroes in light of the Kabul tragedy.

IMG_3493.jpg

I like it.  Nice work.  I might get a smaller one to add to my side rear windows.

• Thanks 1