Lt. Dan

What did you do to your Mini today?

43 minutes ago, 1975_mini said:

Looks good, what brand / bulbs did you use?

Thanks, Corey.   I got these on Amazon for $9.99:

BRISHINE 300LM Extremely Bright Canbus Error Free 194 168 2825 192 W5W T10 LED Bulbs Amber Yellow 9-SMD 2835 LED Chipsets for Side Marker Turn Signal Blinker Map Door Parking Lights (Pack of 4)

I noticed today that I do get a short "Parking Light Malfunction" at start-up, but it quickly goes away.

• Like 1

Technically, yesterday, but we're on pandemic time, right? 🙃  I inspected and adjusted my coil-overs. I actually raised the ride height slightly front and back. I reduced the amount of 'rake' in the stance and gave it a little more clearance for the ridiculously high speed bumps around here. NC roads aren't quite as nice as NoVA roads either.

• Like 1

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

On 4/24/2021 at 8:54 PM, Mav said:

Today I got in my smoked black side indicators and replaced them! These ones are LED and animated, im very happy with how they look.

ezgif-1-f60d2a3232b9.thumb.gif.939a5baf3d0360e3b2760a530370d1bb.gif

Nice look, keep up the good work

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

We hit the road for the dragon, and in typical Roxy tradition, she tried to sabotage the trip. Two years ago it was blow a tire and tweak a rim three days before leaving. Yesterday was the battery finally giving out. So a 8am made dash to the parts store for a new one. Quick switch, as long as you know how to get the battery out. 

fired right up, checked the charging system to make sure and all was good. 

dragon here we come!!!

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

On 4/26/2021 at 7:03 AM, 1975_mini said:

We hit the road for the dragon, and in typical Roxy tradition, she tried to sabotage the trip. Two years ago it was blow a tire and tweak a rim three days before leaving. Yesterday was the battery finally giving out. So a 8am made dash to the parts store for a new one. Quick switch, as long as you know how to get the battery out. 

fired right up, checked the charging system to make sure and all was good. 

dragon here we come!!!

I hate when the forces of nature try to prevent me from having fun like that! Ive got my own little collection of emergency tools for each time its hit

This afternoon, I replaced the gasket on the power steering fluid reservoir and tightened the hose clamps. I hate when they start leaking and get all messy.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover

Alan @ opensource.com

Today, I...

1) Fixed my broken passenger door lock

2) Installed MINI projector puddle lights

• Like 2

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

14 hours ago, Scavenger said:

Today, I...

1) Fixed my broken passenger door lock

2) Installed MINI projector puddle lights

How hard was it to install the puddle lights? Ive been wanting them on mine for a while. Im totally down to pop open my door and try it myself too!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mav said:

How hard was it to install the puddle lights? Ive been wanting them on mine for a while. Im totally down to pop open my door and try it myself too!

very easy on gen 1 and 2. I haven't looked on gen 3 yet, but is likely just as easy

1975Mini001.jpg

8 hours ago, Mav said:

I checked all the fluids and cleaned it inside and out. I need to replace my driver side door lock on my 2003 mini. Any suggestions or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mav said:

It is very easy, you don't have to disassemble the door, the light pops in/out from the bottom. reconnect the wire and you're done.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

14 hours ago, Scavenger said:

It is very easy, you don't have to disassemble the door, the light pops in/out from the bottom. reconnect the wire and you're done.

Even if you haven't ever had the lights? Mine doesnt have the entertainment package but my research into retrofitting hasnt given me much info on it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mav said:

Even if you haven't ever had the lights? Mine doesnt have the entertainment package but my research into retrofitting hasnt given me much info on it.

I think The gen 3 lights come from the mirrors not the doors so they may not be as easy as the first and second gen.

• Like 1

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

14 hours ago, TGGRRR (Ali) said:

I think The gen 3 lights come from the mirrors not the doors so they may not be as easy as the first and second gen.

Thank you for this info!! You made me less stressed about it. If you know of anyone that you can refer to help me fix my A/C Compresser I would be overwhelmed with gratitude.

On 5/4/2021 at 11:07 AM, Mav said:

I checked all the fluids and cleaned it inside and out. I need to replace my driver side door lock on my 2003 mini. Any suggestions or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. 

7 hours ago, Mother nature said:

Thank you for this info!! You made me less stressed about it. If you know of anyone that you can refer to help me fix my A/C Compresser

When the AC compressor went on my 06 I took him to PTuning in Manassas. They give club member discounts

• Like 1

Tggrrr010.jpg

9 hours ago, Mother nature said:

Thank you for the info!! Can you tell me an estimated cost? 

It was 2 years ago so I don't really remember but I thought it was around $500ish. Tigger is an '06 and I'm not mechanical like I used to be. I just pay for the repairs and he has something every year. The repair costs start to blend

Tggrrr010.jpg

Today I...

• Replaced the passenger side engine mount
  • removed Alta tensioner stop that was bent out of shape
  • fixed light in passenger side sun visor
  • replaced a few missing or broken clips for wheel well liners.
  • Like 1

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

The day before yesterday I tried to install a custom fan system for my subwoofer (it overheats if I am out for a while jamming) and blew a fuse.

Yesterday I finally identified the fuse near the battery and replaced it myself. Boy that was a learning experience for me! Now im going to tackle a way to have a fan turn on when my sub turns on so I can keep it way cool.