Lt. Dan

What did you do to your Mini today?

I had a burned out fog lamp and I've been trying different LED color bulbs.  

Found a cheap pair of yellow H11 bulbs but they didn't look right.

I'm very happy with a pair of dual-mode H11 bulbs from ebay.  They are bright white but if you turn them off and back on again, they are "ice" blue.  I'm trying to figure out how to take a good picture or video.  

LINK

• Like 1

06 SB/S MCS Checkmate, Premium,

Convenience, LSD, HK, Chrome interior ZOOM641

On 1/12/2019 at 10:11 PM, Revwillie said:

I had a burned out fog lamp and I've been trying different LED color bulbs.  

Found a cheap pair of yellow H11 bulbs but they didn't look right.

I'm very happy with a pair of dual-mode H11 bulbs from ebay.  They are bright white but if you turn them off and back on again, they are "ice" blue.  I'm trying to figure out how to take a good picture or video.  

LINK

Look forward to seeing them

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Let the modding begin!  Installed a Black Jack interior mirror cover.  First mod on "Coopah".  I'll post a pic tomorrow when the weather is nicer.  Next up is a set of Black Jack exterior mirror covers.

Mirror Cover.jpg

Edited by Coopah
  • Like 2

On 4/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, Coopah said:

Let the modding begin!  Installed a Black Jack interior mirror cover.  First mod on "Coopah".  I'll post a pic tomorrow when the weather is nicer.  Next up is a set of Black Jack exterior mirror covers.

Mod #2: 40% ceramic tint done by Paul at Skyline Tint in Springfield (great shop; highly recommended).

Tint1.jpg

Tint2.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1975_mini said:

looks great

Thanks.  Took the day off from work and ceramic coated Coopah with CQuartz UK.

1 hour ago, TGGRRR (Ali) said:

That looks fierce

Not sure about "fierce", but I'm glad I went a bit on the dark side. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GreenCactus said:

I'm really curious about this stuff. How difficult was it to apply? 

Application is not hard, but the key is proper preparation.  I washed the car then applied CarPro Essence Extreme by a buffer.  This perfects the paint and primes the surface for CQuartz.  Application of CQuartz is straight forward - wipe on one panel at a time with the supplied applicator and wipe off a minute or two later when the product "flashes" (you'll see it start to change color and show streaks).  I have done several cars.  Start to finish (with the wash, buff, and coating) was about 5 hours.  Other cars I have done have taken 2 days.  If you're handy, you can do this. Having it done by a pro costs between $750 and $1200.  You can get the whole kit and do it yourself for less than $200.  The shine and protection is amazing.

Added a Black Jack gas cap and interior Black Jack trim pieces.  Very satisfied with the high quality and perfect fit of the pieces. Next up is my red slat on the front grille.   Later comes blacking out the chrome.  Not sure if I am going to wrap it or replace the pieces. 😀

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coopah said:

Next "mod" done - Red Grille Slat from OutMotoring. Pretty close to perfect fit.

IMG_1325.jpg

Looks good, was it a replacement piece or a cover that snaps over

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Thanks.  Just a cover.  There is a slight hint of the chrome peeking through near the "S" logo, but not noticeable unless you're standing right over it.  Even then it just looks like the sun reflecting off the red. 

• Like 1