Lt. Dan

What did you do to your Mini today?

DIREK said:
Hey Mark!

I'm interested in getting that exact same thing done on my F56. Care to share any digits or lead me to where/how to get this done? TIA! :rock:

Hey Direk,

I posted this http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/4509-diy-coding-with-carly/ in the forums the other day.

2017 F54 ALL4 Clubman S "Beer Wagon" 

Digital Blue Sport Package w/ LEDs & cornering lights, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Stealth Mode, 6-Spd. Manual Trans, Vegan Leather, Cravenspeed Short Shifter w/ Yoda Shift Cap, NM Engineering 25mm GT rear Swaybar & End Links, Chassis Bones Braces, Mirrors that fold w/ the push of a button, Spare Tire.

This past weekend :top:

power steering fan

lower springs

Koni Yellow shocks

Driver side parcel shelf

Hella Horn upgrade

replaced tail lights (one was busted, did both to match)

oil change

Bypass valve

cleaned throttle body

new indy 500s on OEM wheels

Things that remain:

Build rear koni shocks and install

weld up new exhaust and install

wash car (in and out)

install roof rack and basket

Pack for the dragon

Finally got everything together. Hadn't posted pics before because everything was kind of being done at the same time. Just washed/waxed her up and took a couple pics.

KW V3 Coilovers

Hotchkis rear control arms

Milltek cat back exhaust with black MBRP tips

Flat black vinyl wrapped head/tail light rights

ECS Black Line Tail Lights

Outmotoring Smoked Side Markers

Outmotoring Smoked Scuttle Turn Signals

Joey Mod Head lights

Outmotoring LED Driving Lights

Enkei T6S 18x8 et42 Wheels

Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18

The hood isn't really debadged. The emblem is off right now, but I used a bit of photoshop to cover up the holes for the sake of the picture. lol. I'm going to order a new hood emblem soon.

LweQHk6.jpg

89zLDXb.jpg

qNOPm8Q.jpg

Edited by HasAnMTBProblem
  • Like 1

image.php?u=1714&type=sigpic&dateline=14

"Big Pig" - KW V3 Coilovers - Hotchkis rear control arms - Milltek cat back exhaust with black MBRP tips - Flat black vinyl wrapped head/tail light rights - ECS Black Line Tail Lights - Outmotoring Smoked Side Markers - Outmotoring Smoked Scuttle Turn Signals - Joey Mod Head lights - Outmotoring LED Driving Lights - Enkei T6S 18x8 et42 Wheels - Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18

Finally got everything together. Hadn't posted pics before because everything was kind of being done at the same time. Just washed/waxed her up and took a couple pics.

KW V3 Coilovers

Hotchkis rear control arms

Milltek cat back exhaust with black MBRP tips

Flat black vinyl wrapped head/tail light rights

ECS Black Line Tail Lights

Outmotoring Smoked Side Markers

Outmotoring Smoked Scuttle Turn Signals

Joey Mod Head lights

Outmotoring LED Driving Lights

Enkei T6S 18x8 et42 Wheels

Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18

The hood isn't really debadged. The emblem is off right now, but I used a bit of photoshop to cover up the holes for the sake of the picture. lol. I'm going to order a new hood emblem soon.

LweQHk6.jpg

89zLDXb.jpg

qNOPm8Q.jpg

Sharp! I dig it!

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

I spent some money.

Ditched the run-flats for a set of Pole Positions, relegated the stock wheels to winter use and replaced them with Team Dynamics, added JCW front brakes, added an Alta rear sway bar, and Koni FSDs all around. Pulled the pins on the tops of the front strut towers to get a bit more negative camber. And then I added a JB+.

This car is waaaaaay too much fun. The handling is unbelievable, and the ride is dramatically improved. And the power boost is nice too.

mini.jpg.4cf25295e86bead47b29dc77c0be1d75.jpg

mini.jpg.4cf25295e86bead47b29dc77c0be1d75.jpg

'14 R59S

'14 R61JCW

Charter Member, G.P.M.A.

8 hours ago, Donross said:

Replaced crank pulley/damper with ATI 0% and front crank seal... pretty easy job when you have the right tools (thank you Detroit Tuned for the rental). 

Very happy to have the R53 running again :) 

Detroit Tuned rents tools? I had no idea

Glad you got it fixed

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

The dechromed headlight rings on the newer cars really cleans up the lines!  Nice work!

I dechromed most of my R53... headlight rings, door pulls and the big chrome items went to dry-look CF vinyl in a medium grey.  Other bits got paint (vents, headlight interiors and tail light interior trim)

refresh56.JPG

refresh79.jpg

refresh78.jpg

Edited by agranger
  • Like 3

On 2/15/2018 at 12:53 PM, agranger said:

The dechromed headlight rings on the newer cars really cleans up the lines!  Nice work!

I dechromed most of my R53... headlight rings, door pulls and the big chrome items went to dry-look CF vinyl in a medium grey.  Other bits got paint (vents, headlight interiors and tail light interior trim)

refresh56.JPG

refresh79.jpg

refresh78.jpg

Very noce, so you did the “Jody mod” on your headlights. Was it fairly easy

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Decided to play with some interior designs today. Snow rolled in before I could put them in. I will add photos of them installed once the snow stops. 

I used the street map of London for the roads. The girl was not there in the original concept, but my cutter apparently had a drop of data and left a blank strip. So I try to play on the pinup I put on the “A” panel already. 

454FCB65-3B3B-4E99-A3D6-29FFE5634D86.jpeg

C3D22BF6-D168-47EC-BC3E-254411663012.jpeg

5B9A8A8C-E1D7-4D96-94E8-C1C9FE545187.jpeg

1975Mini001.jpg

1 hour ago, 1975_mini said:

Decided to play with some interior designs today. Snow rolled in before I could put them in. I will add photos of them installed once the snow stops. 

I used the street map of London for the roads. The girl was not there in the original concept, but my cutter apparently had a drop of data and left a blank strip. So I try to play on the pinup I put on the “A” panel already. 

I didn't realize what city it was when I first saw this. What a neat idea! Was it tricky to apply the vinyl to the panel?

signature-final.png

2 hours ago, wyretrip said:

I didn't realize what city it was when I first saw this. What a neat idea! Was it tricky to apply the vinyl to the panel?

It wasn’t to bad for the face it is a simple curve vertically. Then heat is you friend for all the curves on the edges. 

Weeding it all was the biggest pain took about 3 hours for all of it. 

Edited by 1975_mini
  • Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg