Lt. Dan

What did you do to your Mini today?

It's been a good 48 Hours for Bruiser!

Replaced my power steering pump- New pump is much quieter, and I CAN TALK TO THE PCM!!!!

Took the car to emissions, passed with flying colors! :rock:

Renewed my registration, and ordered my new tags.

What did I get? "SRSBZNS" (serious business)

Now the REAL FUN car start :motor:

Congrats, glad to hear it was a straight forward fix, and you did have to chase electrical gremlins. Nice plate choice.

It's been a good 48 Hours for Bruiser!

Replaced my power steering pump- New pump is much quieter, and I CAN TALK TO THE PCM!!!!

Took the car to emissions, passed with flying colors! :rock:

Renewed my registration, and ordered my new tags.

What did I get? "SRSBZNS" (serious business)

Now the REAL FUN car start :motor:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I dig the numbers!

2006 Mini Cooper S, Royal Grey Modded, Full Milltek exhaust, RMW tune, Alta air diverter, Alta intake, 17% pulley, Tein Springs, Schroth Pro harness D/P, Short throw shifter modded to appear stock, TSW undercarriage X brace, Cabrio chassis bars, 23mm Rear sway bar, poly racing control arm bushings, Single plate flywheel/clutch conversion, Slotted disc brakes, performance brake pads, Canton slant coolant tank, Carbon wrapped interior, Custom stereo, and other small stuff.

See all the work people have been doing, made me get my but in gear. Since it was a nice warm day I decided to install the A-panel wrap, bandy won in the MTTB raffle (donated by Itchy Pig)

Started by cleaning the MINI and Clay Barring the A-panel.

To get a clean look with no visible edges I removed the scuddle, beltline, and fender flare from the panel.

DSC_0039_zpswcyxoix9.jpg

Dry fitted the vinyl and rough trimmed to the panel

DSC_0047_zpsfmzzsczp.jpg

I used the wet application method (special thanks to Laura for the tips). Trimmed the excess and this is the final result.

DSC_0051_zpsgfpdgivd.jpg

DSC_0055_zpsedc49yz8.jpg

The wind kicked up as I was finishing the drivers side, so hope to get the passenger side done tomorrow.

1975Mini001.jpg

Jeremy,

Roof rack looks great:top:, it on the list of things to add to the wifey's MINI. I have always through they look good.

Thanks! I like it, especially the red bike trays! If you do install the MINI base rack, throw the instructions away and watch the youtube videos. The printed instructions are not very helpful...:banghead:

2007 Cooper S - Chili Red - White Roof

Technically, nothing other than driving it to and from work, :biggrin::motor: , but I did receive a package with a new rear wiper and cabin filter, so I plan to install those along with a new ITG air filter sometime this week.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Technically, nothing other than driving it to and from work, :biggrin::motor: , but I did receive a package with a new rear wiper and cabin filter, so I plan to install those along with a new ITG air filter sometime this week.

I was amused when I called all the local parts houses trying to find a rear wiper blade for my R53... And then I felt like someone was trying to abuse me in a sexual manner when I called the dealer and got a price for it!!! :stupid:

shouldve posted this a while back but i replaced my stock antenna with a Stubby Jr! :)

2015 Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S F56

6MT, Premium, Cold Weather, Media, LED, HUD

NM Engineering Power module

Borla Touring axle back exhaust

JCW style bonnet stripes

I was amused when I called all the local parts houses trying to find a rear wiper blade for my R53... And then I felt like someone was trying to abuse me in a sexual manner when I called the dealer and got a price for it!!! :stupid:

I do laugh at dealer prices, often the same OEM parts are 50% cheaper through rockauto or other online source.

Point on the bear where they touched you.:rofl:

1975Mini001.jpg

I "one-balled" my mini yesterday! Mainly, due to a hole in the resonator... but yeah! It sounds pretty decent, no highway miles though so I'm not sure on the "drone" effect yet.

2006 Mini Cooper S, Royal Grey Modded, Full Milltek exhaust, RMW tune, Alta air diverter, Alta intake, 17% pulley, Tein Springs, Schroth Pro harness D/P, Short throw shifter modded to appear stock, TSW undercarriage X brace, Cabrio chassis bars, 23mm Rear sway bar, poly racing control arm bushings, Single plate flywheel/clutch conversion, Slotted disc brakes, performance brake pads, Canton slant coolant tank, Carbon wrapped interior, Custom stereo, and other small stuff.

I do laugh at dealer prices, often the same OEM parts are 50% cheaper through rockauto or other online source.

Point on the bear where they touched you.:rofl:

I got mine from Outmotoring. Probably a lot less than dealer, I don't remember the last time I had that wiper changed, so probably good I got it.

I "one-balled" my mini yesterday! Mainly, due to a hole in the resonator... but yeah! It sounds pretty decent, no highway miles though so I'm not sure on the "drone" effect yet.
Ah, otherwise known as the "Livestrong" mod.... :rofl:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Started lowering the R53 today... Got one corner done... Lessons learned

1: If you're following insctructions, DO NOT SKIP AHEAD!! Nothing like trying to get the lower collar loose when you've already got the top mounts loose

2: If the lower perch comes loose, make sure you put it back on in the same orientation as the other side!!! After re-assembly, my spring was rubbing the unibody, and it took me a couple minutes to figure out why.

3: Pay attention when taking everything apart! I didn't realize for a few minutes that a bracket on the strut slipped into the color to orient everything properly.

Other side should go a lot quicker tomorrow... LOL

Dan,

How much time did the first corner take and how much time will you be able to knock off with lessons learned.

Are you replacing with coil over kit or just the springs.

Started lowering the R53 today... Got one corner done... Lessons learned

1: If you're following insctructions, DO NOT SKIP AHEAD!! Nothing like trying to get the lower collar loose when you've already got the top mounts loose

2: If the lower perch comes loose, make sure you put it back on in the same orientation as the other side!!! After re-assembly, my spring was rubbing the unibody, and it took me a couple minutes to figure out why.

3: Pay attention when taking everything apart! I didn't realize for a few minutes that a bracket on the strut slipped into the color to orient everything properly.

Other side should go a lot quicker tomorrow... LOL

1975Mini001.jpg

Dan,

How much time did the first corner take and how much time will you be able to knock off with lessons learned.

Are you replacing with coil over kit or just the springs.

For right now I'm just doing springs (buying a house, so funds are tight).

The first corner (comedy of errors), took almost two hours in the dark.... lol..

My target for the other corner is 30 minutes :top:

I finally put a k&n filter in my Mini. Had the cleaning kit in the garage for years because my old Saturn had one. Bought a used filter off eBay and did the old clean and reoil.

Strange that my EML light came on the next day...

06 SB/S MCS Checkmate, Premium,

Convenience, LSD, HK, Chrome interior ZOOM641

Too much, lets just say i have a woodgrain and plaid interior right now.

INDI Blue R53: 15% Pulley, Whiteline 20mm Rear Swaybar, Koni FSDs, Rogue Engineering Exhaust added Magnaflow Resonator, Custom Cold Air, Poly LCABs, Slotted Rotors, Gold Drag Dr-16's, Plaid Dash, Xlites with RE-11A's for Hitting Cones.