TGGRRR (Ali)

Ghost tour and dinner Harpers Ferry

Home sweet home!

A big thank you to Alex and Ali for hosting what was a very fun afternoon & evening! Good roads, good company and some fascinating history about Harper's Ferry thrown in too! :)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Thanks, Haemish. I'm glad you had good time.

A couple of golden moments today.

1.) Weather

2.) Afternoon sun

3.) All minis fitting on the ferry in one row no less!

4.) all finding rockstar parking

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

I had a blast and was happy to offer my navigating expertise to Alex.

The stories were fascinating and the guide was an awesome story teller. We were all really happy that it was indoors but those pew benches got really hard after awhile. :biggrin:

Now I have no desire to stay in one of those quant little inns in town....

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I had a blast and was happy to offer my navigating expertise to Alex.

The stories were fascinating and the guide was an awesome story teller. We were all really happy that it was indoors but those pew benches got really hard after awhile. :biggrin:

Now I have no desire to stay in one of those quant little inns in town....

Navigating expertise? More like playing with virtual butterflies with a bit of navigating on the side ;)

HEY!!! I'm the best navigator you've ever had and we never got lost. My job got done :biggrin:

You're the ONLY navigator I've ever had.

Great run Alex and Ali too.

Ali navigating is like your GPS having ADD. "At the next round about take the WEEEE!!!!!"

We pulled into our hotel to find 10 to 15 Porsches in the parking lot. At breakfast I found out it is a club, all in their 60s.

The tour was great lot of history and humor mixed into the story telling. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Here are a few of the pictures I was able to capture from yesterday. Being the sweeper had its advantages, and disadvantage of none of my car. Passport got some good photos too. Was a great time.

DSCF3836_zpsa28079af.jpg

DSCF3792_zps30a072bf.jpgDSCF3870_zpsb626d830.jpgDSCF3894_zps32fedc50.jpg

Here is the link to all the photos:

http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/buckshot2191/library/DCMM%20Runs/Harpers%20Ferry%20Run

http://www.dcmetrominis.org/forums/image.php?u=1132&type=sigpic&dateline=1367319111

Aw I totally wish I came!!! I have bronchitis thanks to a jerk coworker who didn't cover his mouth when he coughed and wouldn't go get antibiotics. So I decided it wouldn't be wise to risk it. It looks like you guys had a total blast!!!!

You definitely would have added to festivities, it was a fun evening. Hope you get better soon.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Roy and I did the drive again yesterday. He had a lot of fun driving it and I had a lot of fun looking at what I missed. :biggrin: We parked in the lot at White's Ferry and had a look around for a few minutes and watched the ferry going back across. There are 3 flood stage markers painted on the 2nd story of the building there. Can you imagine the water that high?!