TGGRRR (Ali)

Ghost tour and dinner Harpers Ferry

November 15

Meeting at 3:00

1011 Edwards Ferry Rd. NE

Leesburg, VA 20176

Hosted by :motor:Alex (MINIinBlack) and I

Run to Harper's Ferry, dinner and then the ghost tour.

Whites Ferry $5 per car one way $8 round trip (the run is a one way run)

There might be a $10 per car fee to enter Harper's Ferry, be prepared to pay it, but we might be there late enough that the ranger is gone.

Dinner at Potomac Grill in Harpers Ferry

186 High St, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425

then the ghost tour

Cost will be $10 PM for the ghost tour

http://www.harpersferryghost.20m.com/index.html

Everyone can drive home their own route, this is a destination run.

:motor::motor::motor::motor:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'll skip the ghost tour (proud chicken ....), but you know what else you could possibly squeeze in? In Leesburg or Sterling there's a Halloween light show coordinated to music that is amazing, new show each year.

Wait nevermind, just saw the date is in Nov.

Signature.JPG

Yeah, the original thought was to do this around Halloween...but I think this is short notice and people already have Halloween plans.

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

I'll skip the ghost tour (proud chicken ....), but you know what else you could possibly squeeze in? In Leesburg or Sterling there's a Halloween light show coordinated to music that is amazing, new show each year.

Wait nevermind, just saw the date is in Nov.

Cluck Cluck Cluck !

:afraid:

Tggrrr010.jpg

So here's the basics that we have right now

The run will start around 4:00

We hope to be starting in Leesburg and then heading over the Whites Ferry and taking the twistier roads on that side.

It will turn into a night run so we're going to pre-run it to be safe.

Once in Harpers Ferry we will find parking and go to a restaurant.

at 7:45 we get to the ghost tours place

Once the tour is over we can drive home on our own with the route that works best for your destination.

There is a small fee for the Whites Ferry (I think $6 per car) and the Ghost tour is $10 plus there will be the cost of dinner.

Once Alex and I have the details firmed up we'll put it in the events and open RSVPs

BTW - a Ghost tour is not like a haunted house. It's a tour of the historic buildings with stories about the past residents and current ghostly occurrences. They're actually a lot of fun, informative if you like history and eerie.

Tggrrr010.jpg

White's Ferry is $5 one way, $8 round trip.

If you're going to Harper's ferry, you might be better off staying on the virginia side.... depends on how twisty things are supposed to be...

So here's the basics that we have right now

The run will start around 4:00

We hope to be starting in Leesburg and then heading over the Whites Ferry and taking the twistier roads on that side.

It will turn into a night run so we're going to pre-run it to be safe.

Once in Harpers Ferry we will find parking and go to a restaurant.

at 7:45 we get to the ghost tours place

Once the tour is over we can drive home on our own with the route that works best for your destination.

There is a small fee for the Whites Ferry (I think $6 per car) and the Ghost tour is $10 plus there will be the cost of dinner.

Once Alex and I have the details firmed up we'll put it in the events and open RSVPs

BTW - a Ghost tour is not like a haunted house. It's a tour of the historic buildings with stories about the past residents and current ghostly occurrences. They're actually a lot of fun, informative if you like history and eerie.

White's Ferry is $5 one way, $8 round trip.

If you're going to Harper's ferry, you might be better off staying on the virginia side.... depends on how twisty things are supposed to be...

Thanks Michael, we were looking at the MD side because it's twistier. The VA side is kind of boring but good for the drive home

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm definitely interested (in the whole thing - including the ghost tour - sounds fascinating!). :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Don't forget parking is really bad in Harpers Ferry so leave extra time to walk to where you want to go.

Yes, we got the scoop on parking and have a plan A, B and C

They said that Nov 15th is after Halloween and things are slowing down by then, especially later in the day

Tggrrr010.jpg

Did this tour a while back with the family and it's more historical suspense narrated by a tour guide while walking along the streets, than it is scary. So you chickens out there shouldn't have a problem. The family and I enjoyed it.

Heads up...for those of you going on this run, the weather is supposed to be clear and COLD on Saturday (possibly below 30 at night). Please dress accordingly as we will be outside well after the sun will have gone down. Don't want anyone to freeze/be miserable.

:rock::motor:

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

Heads up...for those of you going on this run, the weather is supposed to be clear and COLD on Saturday (possibly below 30 at night). Please dress accordingly as we will be outside well after the sun will have gone down. Don't want anyone to freeze/be miserable.

:rock::motor:

Good thing I bought that new orange scarf :top:

Tggrrr010.jpg