PTUNING

Does your MINI consume oil?

R56s run hotter than the first gen cars. I typically consume about a quart every 1,500 or so. Alberto helped change my valve cover gasket and spark plugs before MOTD this year and that seems to have helped with with consumption.

We all know I drive like I stole her (I have the tickets to prove it!). Lucy is a 2007 hardtop S, about to hit 71k and she has the N14 engine.

R56s run hotter than the first gen cars. I typically consume about a quart every 1,500 or so. Alberto helped change my valve cover gasket and spark plugs before MOTD this year and that seems to have helped with with consumption.

We all know I drive like I stole her (I have the tickets to prove it!). Lucy is a 2007 hardtop S, about to hit 71k and she has the N14 engine.

similar to mine. mini states 1 quart every 1000 miles is normal. but i think my valve cover is leaking again

2010 Mini Copper S *Stg 2 Battle Tuned*

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade

Thanks everyone for your input.

My 2008 S consume about 1 quart every 1500 miles. So it seems to be on par with most other 07-08 S posted here.

So from the information posted so far, seems like the 02-06 is fine, and the latest 13 model is fine too. All other models should definitely check their oil regularly :-)

Please keep this information coming.

Mike @ PTUNING

AIM/Email: mike@ptuning.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PTUNING

13s just haven't developed a taste for oil yet, they're still babes. Give them a year or so. Really it's pretty simple Turbos like oil.

Thanks everyone for your input.

My 2008 S consume about 1 quart every 1500 miles. So it seems to be on par with most other 07-08 S posted here.

So from the information posted so far, seems like the 02-06 is fine, and the latest 13 model is fine too. All other models should definitely check their oil regularly :-)

Please keep this information coming.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

13s just haven't developed a taste for oil yet, they're still babes. Give them a year or so. Really it's pretty simple Turbos like oil.

SMOKIE, 2013 R56, drinks like a fish (during the driving season). I keep a quart on me but she is on par with the 07-09 crew of 1500 miles she will need a quart or so.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

'12 Cooper S, 17000 miles, dipstick always reads high.

quirk - '12 CR MCS 6m, WP, MR, HK. Conti DWS, Kosei K4R, Hardened NM TA insert, NM strut bar, Rennline skidplate, WMW heat shield, Philips X-treme, OEM Lumbars, mudflaps & black trim, free camber mod, WeatherTech mats, RearGuard...

The 2nd Gen, pre-refresh "S" models consume more oil than either post refresh or 1st Gen and it boils down to one thing... The turbo.

1st Gen's that aren't leaking for blowing it past the valve guides or piston rings won't consume very much.

2nd Gen, pre-refresh "S" models consume more oil because the turbo is both cooled and lubricated with engine oil and they are "loose" enough that there's a substantial amount of oil that gets into the intake tract. That's also why the 2nd Gens have such a problem with carbon build up on the valves and combustion chamber.

My 09 "S" wanted 1/2 quart or so every 2k or so. My 12 JCW was a little better. The motor in the refresh (11 or "S" and 13 for JCW I think) made some changes that may have cut the consumption rate.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold