omgMINI

How NOT to drive

Kelli Creighton (Blaze) posted this on FB, but she should be embarrassed. I got uneasy in the first 30 seconds or so, and thought that surely the camera angle is giving some weird perspective on how close to the yellow line she really is. Madness ensues at :53 :afraid:, hold onto your hats at 3:52 :ahhhhh: and make sure you're sitting down for 4:33. :thumbsdown:

image.php?u=1181&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when she posted it to LXM this morning. I don't think this is something I would be bragging about. The cutting of the mustard is bad enough but the u-turn in the middle of that curve...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kelli Creighton (Blaze) posted this on FB, but she should be embarrassed. I got uneasy in the first 30 seconds or so, and thought that surely the camera angle is giving some weird perspective on how close to the yellow line she really is. Madness ensues at :53 :afraid:, hold onto your hats at 3:52 :ahhhhh: and make sure you're sitting down for 4:33. :thumbsdown:

Sara - despite reading your warnings with times and emoticons (excellent choices by the way), I still couldn't believe what I was seeing! We need to archive this so that it can show up in next year's "How you DON'T drive the dragon"! I did better than that in a 4 door Jeep pulling a trailer! Maybe even share a link with Snooter and MINIBee so they can use it as an educational tool.

Thank you for sharing and I'm just glad there wasn't a horrible outcome - especially as a result of a U-turn in the middle of a turn...

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Sara - despite reading your warnings with times and emoticons (excellent choices by the way), I still couldn't believe what I was seeing! We need to archive this so that it can show up in next year's "How you DON'T drive the dragon"! I did better than that in a 4 door Jeep pulling a trailer! Maybe even share a link with Snooter and MINIBee so they can use it as an educational tool.

Thank you for sharing and I'm just glad there wasn't a horrible outcome - especially as a result of a U-turn in the middle of a turn...

Thanks for the feedback! It's not usually my style to call somebody out like this (especially someone that I don't even know), but this was too infuriating to ignore. I did leave comments on the youtube video and I'll see about sharing that link, like you suggested.

Geeze, I get all paranoid and feel horrible when I think I've touched the yellow line. It's just inexcusable. A biker died on the Dragon last week. Imagine the feeling if it had been you that caused him to run off the cliff because you were driving like this. Not me, I don't want to be the one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OMGosh! That is amazing that she would brag about that. That is so irresponsible and dangerous.

She is even making jokes about it on the LXM thread. About how it was "Blaze" that was a bad boy etc. I just don't think it's funny, and I'm surprised more people haven't called her out in the feed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what is LXM?

Overall.. and i know i'm going to get crap on this... BUT

not knowning this person, maybe they just got a little too happy to be on the dragon, in fairness when she was on the yellow no other cars where coming ( i didn't see the full video just parts) the only part that was kinda :stupid: was the U-turn, but if they knew no one was coming around the turn then so be it, was it the right time to do a U-turn...no... but nothing happened... A lot of people are jumping down this person's back in this post but like the saying goes in the bible, he without sin cast the first stone. So for those that are barking at this person's driving, let hope you are a perfect driver and never touch the yellow line or do ANYTHING dumb or have a dip in judgement...

<end of rant>

what is LXM?

Overall.. and i know i'm going to get crap on this... BUT

not knowning this person, maybe they just got a little too happy to be on the dragon, in fairness when she was on the yellow no other cars where coming ( i didn't see the full video just parts) the only part that was kinda :stupid: was the U-turn, but if they knew no one was coming around the turn then so be it, was it the right time to do a U-turn...no... but nothing happened... A lot of people are jumping down this person's back in this post but like the saying goes in the bible, he without sin cast the first stone. So for those that are barking at this person's driving, let hope you are a perfect driver and never touch the yellow line or do ANYTHING dumb or have a dip in judgement...

<end of rant>

LXM is the League of Extraordinary MINIacs

And no, I have never crossed the yellow line on the Dragon, which is the first rule of the Dragon. And it's jumping down people's throats for doing stuff like this that keeps others from getting killed on that road. MOTD is adamant about not crossing the yellow line and staying on your side and encourages people to call out reckless drivers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LXM is the League of Extraordinary MINIacs

And no, I have never crossed the yellow line on the Dragon, which is the first rule of the Dragon. And it's jumping down people's throats for doing stuff like this that keeps others from getting killed on that road. MOTD is adamant about not crossing the yellow line and staying on your side and encourages people to call out reckless drivers.

Oh, didn't know that was a rule for the dragon.. My Bad... Carry on then :fight::frypan::frypan::hissy::hissy::duh::duh::fight:

What a lot of people don't realize is that the road on the Dragon is fairly narrow, wide enough to stay in your lane but narrow enough that you need to pay attention. There are some pull outs but when there are no pull outs it can be extremely dangerous to be driving along and find someone oncoming. There may simply be no place to go to get out of their way.

You may have a choice between a collision and slamming into a wall of rock (which may make you roll) or hitting a tree down an incline that can send you tumbling down or wrapped around a tree.

This is why don't cross the yellow line is such a big frikken deal. Every year several people die on this road and many times through no fault of their own. If you cross over there is not always the time or ability to see far enough down the road to make it back to your side before there is a collision.

So that's why we really really really don't want anyone crossing the line, and if they do it, don't brag about it. Learn to drive within your ability so that you don't do it again.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Update:

I sent a link of the offending to video to Barry (as did Haemish). He wasn't happy about it. It's been removed from the MOTD site and it now seems to have been deleted from LXM as well. Good! :congrats:

Oh my - seems that my comments were not well received by Miss Creighton.

She posted a second (and just as terrible) night-driving video that I also expressed my thoughts on in the comments.

I just want to be clear - I don't know Kelli personally - I'm sure she's a lovely person (and I'm not being sarcastic). But, this sort of driving is just plain dangerous and shouldn't be ignored. She's bragging about it, and labeling all MINI drivers as reckless in the process. I was prepared for her to get defensive and I'm not mad about her response or name-calling, really.

It's not personal, except when she could pull this shenanigans when I or my friends/loved ones are driving on the road with her and end up getting in a collision or WORSE. :stickyman::soapbox:

Easy way to stop it, would be to send the person a traffic citation for every infraction in the video. You are posting evidence of you violating the law on a public forum, not a smart move.

Not claiming to know the in an outs of the law, but seems like it wouldn't be much of a stretch for them to do it. do much different then a speed camera or stop light cam.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels