• Fun!!!

At PTuning

9432 Center Point Lane

Manassas, VA 20110

** event updated according to information from PTUNING's fb page

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

:top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Nice Meeting everybody at MOTD. I am sapan with the Scion FRS and I help Ptuning plan their events. In addition to a detailing day we are going to be trying to get some clinics on Mini maintenance. Is there anything anyone wants to particularly know how to do or just general rules of thumb on car and more knowledge dissemination?

I can't see the photos right now (at least not on my work computer), I'm sure it looks amazing, but $700 is way out of my budget.

It is hosted on photobucket which is blocked lots of times by work locations. Either way thanks!

Nice Meeting everybody at MOTD. I am sapan with the Scion FRS and I help Ptuning plan their events. In addition to a detailing day we are going to be trying to get some clinics on Mini maintenance. Is there anything anyone wants to particularly know how to do or just general rules of thumb on car and more knowledge dissemination?

Have you got any women that work at PTuning that would do a ladies car care clinic for us?

Tggrrr010.jpg

Have you got any women that work at PTuning that would do a ladies car care clinic for us?

No Ladies unfortunately but we would happy to work with everyone and show how to do things with 0 knowledge. Even talking or pointing out information about cars is always fun for us no matter what gender the audience :rock:

No Ladies unfortunately but we would happy to work with everyone and show how to do things with 0 knowledge. Even talking or pointing out information about cars is always fun for us no matter what gender the audience :rock:

Let's chat about this on the side, I have some ideas :top:

Tggrrr010.jpg

$700 for a detail? Did I read that right?

I think the Opticoat is expensive. But I did warn Sapan that MINI members may not bite for the detailing. However, the rest of the event sounds fun and is a lot cheaper

Tggrrr010.jpg

$700 for a detail? Did I read that right?

Though the car *does* look utterly gorgeous after. . .

A Lot of people say that about the price at first but then see the results and its worth the effort. I think so anyways. I love it when things are done with a very attention to detail to a point where its OCD even. Maybe I am :stupid: haha, and Yes as Ali said Opticoat it self is expensive and the price just went up on it a few months back, its like having a nice barrier of protection between the elements and your car for those who want the look of the plastic clear bra. I do have pictures from last years event located here:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=792980&postcount=1

I remember a long time ago, I used to detail cars. In fact, I was part owner of the business ! A full detail is something many don't know about, a good full detail is a lot of work (took myself up to 2 days for a car). Watch these guys in action , you will be intrigued .

Just curious, but a full detail/car care clinic, should be a full detail/car care clinic, right? What's a "ladies car clinic" going to offer that wouldn't be already covered?

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Just curious, but a full detail/car care clinic, should be a full detail/car care clinic, right? What's a "ladies car clinic" going to offer that wouldn't be already covered?

The ladies car clinic has nothing to do with detailing. A lot of women want to know how to do basic maintenance on their car but are not comfortable with asking the guys and feeling like they have dumb questions. We are trying to set this up again where we can have a ladies clinic for maintenance of your MINI

Tggrrr010.jpg

How long does the process take?

A Normal Car is about 10 to 14 Hours. With their team of 5 to 6 they can usually get it car done from top to bottom (Mini Cooper size) in about 7 to 8 hours. Basically you show up early and leave a little late!

I remember a long time ago, I used to detail cars. In fact, I was part owner of the business ! A full detail is something many don't know about, a good full detail is a lot of work (took myself up to 2 days for a car). Watch these guys in action , you will be intrigued .

Well Said! TY!:rock:

As ali said

There will be 2 offerings depending on crowd/audience and what is requested. I will help walk over along with a female (maybe lined up) basics of car maintenance. Then We will get part of the detailing crew to go over basic maintenance of paint/opticoat ! :top: