TGGRRR (Ali)

Annual Picnic

Save the date Aug 24

starting around noon

DCMM annual picnic will be held at Bluemont Park in Arlington

Do not put Bluemont Park in your GPS, it will take you to the wrong side and you can't get to the shelter from there. Put the following in your GPS (Google)

"Bluemont park public bathroom, arlington VA"

You have to enter the park from Route 50

We have a nice shelter, a parking lot, plenty of space for games and fun

Free to members plus one guest, children under 10 are free

$5 per person for non-members

The club will grill meats and offer fixings. We'll also have some basic sodas and waters available.

we ask each person attending to bring a side dish or dessert to share, enough for 4 - 5 people will be fine you don't have to bring enough for everyone. Please comment with what you're bringing in your RSVP

We will need some helpers for set up and clean up

Feel free to bring games, your kids and or dogs (on a leash)

You might also want to bring

chairs

bug spray

A frisbee (for frisbee golf)

And what ever fun thing you can think of

Picnic is rain or shine. There is a shelter, so don’t let the weather stop you!

Dogs are permitted in the park, but they must be kept on a leash.

Alcohol is not allowed in the park

There are REAL bathrooms very close to the shelter.

Below is a picture of a map to the park with some notes to help you understand where the shelter is

http://www.alicyndrew.com/dcmetrominis/e3a023429

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Tggrrr010.jpg

Just a note, we aren't supposed to be selling stuff at the park so if anyone asks it's just swapping.

ignore this note, I was getting my picnic locations confused. There is nothing in the rules about selling stuff

Edited by TGGRRR

Tggrrr010.jpg

I added a map to the event, it shows the park layout near our shelter. I circled the parking and the shelter. The Google map pics were taken in the summer so there are a lot of trees and it's hard to see the shelter.

Set up people bringing in supplies can take the small road from the parking lot over the creek to the shelter but we can't have many cars at the shelter so please only drive over if you're unloading stuff.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I just want to be sure that everyone noticed the instructions that I provided for GPS. I tested the below on Google maps and it works perfectly. I just tested on Waze and it worked there too.

DCMM annual picnic will be held at Bluemont Park in Arlington

Do not put Bluemont Park in your GPS, it will take you to the wrong side and you can't get to the shelter from there. Put the following in your GPS (Google or Waze)

"Bluemont park public bathroom, arlington VA"

You have to enter the park from Route 50

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thanks to everyone that came out, I had a great time and it was fun having so many people there. I'm wearing my MINI tattoos to work tomorrow

For lost and found there was a blue camp chair left behind. Ray took it and he can arrange to get it back to you. Let us know if you lost a chair.

Thanks again to Craig and Lona for helping with shopping and hauling all the stuff. Craig and Monty for cooking and all of you that came early and helped set up. Clean was a breeze with so many busy hands at work.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Wow, what a great day yesterday! Out of all of the DCMM picnics that I have attended, I think we got the best weather and the nicest location yet! That breeze was awesome, the humidity was down and it wasn't too hot and of course, lots of shade as well!

It was a great crowd and so nice to see so many take time to come out, socialize and have some good picnic food.

A HUGE thanks to everyone that was waiting so eagerly in the parking lot to help set things up and I can't express enough thanks to Monty and Sherm for helping with the grilling duties. All of the food that was brought to share was really, really good too.

All in all, I'd say it was a nearly perfect afternoon!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold