DCMM_Board

DCMM Annual Meeting

Jim, I brought this up to Ali and we need to check the by-laws to see if this is already something we can or cannot do.

Alright she got back to me very quickly.

The current by-laws state you must be present to vote. I'm sorry you cannot attend, but thank you for your interest in voting for the board.

Edited by Poison Ivy

Signature.JPG

Jim, I brought this up to Ali and we need to check the by-laws to see if this is already something we can or cannot do.

I checked the bylaws and unfortunately you must be present to vote

A. ELECTIONS PROCEDURE

1. The President shall have the responsibility of overseeing the election, except when the President is one of the candidates (for re-election). In this case, the election shall be overseen by another board director who is not a candidate.

2. All election candidates shall be given an opportunity to briefly speak at the annual meeting to introduce themselves and campaign for their candidacy, prior to voting. This speech is optional and no candidate shall be compelled to speak.

3. Voting

a. Voting will be by secret ballot.

b. Voting will be by members in good standing, present at the time and place of the meeting designated for the election.

c. In cases of a tie, a second ballot between the tied candidates shall take place. If a tie still exists, candidates tied will participate in a coin toss to determine the winner.

4. Ballots will include all nominees. Last minute write-in candidates are permissible, and space shall be provisioned on ballots to allow for this.

5. Ballots will be collected and votes recorded by an Elections Committee. The Board of Directors will appoint the Chair of the Elections Committee.

6. Certification

a. The President will verify the results and present the new Board of Directors for installation at the time of the election.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I think a prius is too fast for Ali.... maybe this is more appropriate? :laugh:

:hahaha:

I don't know, that might be a bit much don't you think? How's this though? Ali's forward speed is directly proportional to the gimpiness of her zombie knee!

Oh, and there's no room for a radio so that will help reduce the noise pollution.

imagesCAN5CTFT.jpg.c1f4dfd1e8e53f55c43f5adb09bccd86.jpg

imagesCAN5CTFT.jpg.c1f4dfd1e8e53f55c43f5adb09bccd86.jpg

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I don't know, that might be a bit much don't you think? How's this though? Ali's forward speed is directly proportional to the gimpiness of her zombie knee!

Oh, and there's no room for a radio so that will help reduce the noise pollution.

Well my knee has finally turned a happy corner and is almost pain free. So I'm faster now

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I checked the bylaws and unfortunately you must be present to vote

A. ELECTIONS PROCEDURE

1. The President shall have the responsibility of overseeing the election, except when the President is one of the candidates (for re-election). In this case, the election shall be overseen by another board director who is not a candidate.

2. All election candidates shall be given an opportunity to briefly speak at the annual meeting to introduce themselves and campaign for their candidacy, prior to voting. This speech is optional and no candidate shall be compelled to speak.

3. Voting

a. Voting will be by secret ballot.

b. Voting will be by members in good standing, present at the time and place of the meeting designated for the election.

c. In cases of a tie, a second ballot between the tied candidates shall take place. If a tie still exists, candidates tied will participate in a coin toss to determine the winner.

4. Ballots will include all nominees. Last minute write-in candidates are permissible, and space shall be provisioned on ballots to allow for this.

5. Ballots will be collected and votes recorded by an Elections Committee. The Board of Directors will appoint the Chair of the Elections Committee.

6. Certification

a. The President will verify the results and present the new Board of Directors for installation at the time of the election.

I like how at first glance this seems professional and serious, then you keep reading and see that a tie decided by a COIN TOSS!

Serious question, who determines the election procedures? Is it something decided by the current or previous administration or is it required to be run this way due to the clubs legal status as a non-profit or recognized organization? If it is something the club itself can control, why not for future elections open it up to online/absentee type voting?

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I definitely think this is something the new board can take up for consideration as a revision of the bylaws. It's just too soon to make anything happen for this election.

Definately :top: You guys could even "televise" it. Set up a webcam so "out of staters" or people who are stuck at home/out of town (if there is enough interest of course) can hear all the speaches.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13