DCMM

MINI TAKES THE STATES 2014

Awesome trip!!! MINI USA really pulls out the stops at each event with entertainment, surprises, food and fun things to explore

Mark and I both are planning to go all the way in 2016 :top:

We've been discussing things we would do to plan for it. I need to find better snacks and I think carry more water. Get hotels closer to the evening event would be better than the cheaper ones where you have to drive

we also think that if there's a point when we're beat, we may hit the rise and shine but skip the roll out, or leave before it. The rollouts could be really long and really delay getting on the road for the day. Also, the MINI USA routes are incredibly long, We would do our own rogue routes.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

They made the group closed for security reasons. They are also not allowing posts of speedos showing high speeds etc. It's a good group and they are filling up my inbox right now.

We leave tomorrow for Cleveland!!!!! :top:

I would fit in with them then. Can't get a high speed to show on my speedo even if I try!

All this motoring around looks like fun. :motor:

1979 and blurple

I miss our extended MINI family. Next time we're going all the way.

Today there was no free breakfast for me to complain was crappy and no free peeps. I had just trained the peeps guy in my favorite flavor.

sigh.... It was fun and now we're back :frown:

Tggrrr010.jpg

I joked with Brandy that I would try to get orders the Cali in summer 2016 and that way the Govt would pay us to drive MTTS as part of our move.

Well first you need to know the route. They could do what they did in 2010 and do the hub where everyone has different groups meeting in the middle of the country.

There have been several different configurations

http://minicooper.wikia.com/wiki/MINI_Takes_the_States

Tggrrr010.jpg

Well first you need to know the route. They could do what they did in 2010 and do the hub where everyone has different groups meeting in the middle of the country.

There have been several different configurations

http://minicooper.wikia.com/wiki/MINI_Takes_the_States

True, I would be banking on east to west.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I hear that the route changes directions each time. So, in theory, the next one would be east to west.

But if you look at the history they have had years where they did something totally different. One year was parties in different cities 3 weekends in a row and another year they had groups like spokes all going to Denver.

I think if they do another cross country then it will be East to west for sure.

Tggrrr010.jpg