GotMINI

Vinyl Stripes

Does anyone out there know of a good place that does striping ? I have a neighbor looking to has his S striped.

Thanks,

Gene

Yes, me too, I feel like my mini is not a mini without some stripes lol

Zebra Stripes. Aren't they a vendor?

YES, wow, right around the corner from work, thanks for the heads up! :top:

2009 MCS - Passenger seat delete--Rear seat delete--Arm rest delete--Cup holder delete--Seat Belt Delete--Cup holder added back because coffee

Anytime!

emailed dave requesting a quote. I'm wanting to do orange rally stripes again...but this time, offset to the passenger side. because I'm a hipster. and I need to be different.

jk not a hipster. but yes, trying to be different.

2009 MCS - Passenger seat delete--Rear seat delete--Arm rest delete--Cup holder delete--Seat Belt Delete--Cup holder added back because coffee

ooof. $475 for stripes and install.

my mini will remain stripeless for a bit longer lol

Plasti-dip is only 8 dollars a can, that is how I did the wifey's stripes (brandy_brown). works great and if you don't like peal off and try another design.

ooof. $475 for stripes and install.

my mini will remain stripeless for a bit longer lol

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I used Zebra Stripes when Phineus got his. I bought the stripes online from a Mini dealer in NJ and had Dave put them on in about 20 minutes. Be sure to call rather than go through email or their website - Office: 703-802-3000 Cell: 571-233-4698

I got a quote for just the labor...I had planned on supplying my own stripes.

$350 was the labor only price. I was assuming a 2-3 hour job...but for 20 minutes? Ouch. I mentioned I was a DCMM member and was referred to them and everything.

I told myself I'd consider it for ~$175 (about 2 hours worth of labor). I really don't think calling will drop that quote low enough to be remotely reasonable for me. I've put stripes on before, it's a p.i.t.a....but not $350 worth of p.i.t.a. (Chris...the a stands for ankles.)

Apologies to those of you who support this vendor, I've seen how some can get if you seemingly trash a particular vendor. I'm not trying to dog them...just saying I'll look elsewhere.

If ya feel like a trip down to Hampton Roads, I've done several MINIs. Been applying graphics for most of my 30 years in the collision industry. Depends on what ya want, but do NOT pay $425 or whatever it was someone quoted! Lots and lots of profit in that price!

I got a quote for just the labor...I had planned on supplying my own stripes.

$350 was the labor only price.

Phineus is a Roadster and only got bonnet stripes, so it was maybe $75 for the 20 minutes of labor. If you're doing everything, including the roof, then that sounds more likely why it's $350. I think I paid about $140 for the Soda bonnet stripes from a NJ Mini dealer online. I was informed that Soda stripes do not exist for other areas of the car and, since only bonnet stripes were manufactured, that's all I got. And seeing Dave do the work so quickly and efficiently is all I needed to decide that I'll never be attempting to do it on my own. As you said PITA. Good luck with it!

image.php?u=179&type=sigpic&dateline=140

I was informed that Soda stripes do not exist for other areas of the car and, since only bonnet stripes were manufactured, that's all I got.

The boot is shorter than the bonnet, could you just cut a set shorter.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

My bodywork guy is gonna charge me $200 to remove the original bonnet stripes and buff out the hood. Then he'll install the competition stripes on the bonnet and boot and the red hashmarks on the fenders. He runs a custom shop and is very good at what he does. The only guy I will let touch my Vette.

My bodywork guy is gonna charge me $200 to remove the original bonnet stripes and buff out the hood. Then he'll install the competition stripes on the bonnet and boot and the red hashmarks on the fenders. He runs a custom shop and is very good at what he does. The only guy I will let touch my Vette.

Is that a CORvette or a CHEvette? :wink:

I think Ali used to drive a sporty little vette but I have a foggy recollection that hers may have been a CHEvette. You should trade notes with her! :)

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

The boot is shorter than the bonnet, could you just cut a set shorter.

Actually the way the boot stripes are generally mounted on the Roadster, that's not the case. The boot on a Roadster (and Coupe) is more like a traditional trunk and isn't vertically flat like the other models, so the stripes travel horizontally and then downward to the bumper. Additionally there's the rear pop-up spoiler, which would need to be striped as well since when it's down, it's flush with the horizontal part of the boot and is designed to blend into it. So, it would probably take another two sets of bonnet stripes, plus having them custom cut to fit, etc. And Phineus proudly wears a license tag stating LIV NAKD, so he really doesn't mind if his boot is bare to the world!

image.php?u=179&type=sigpic&dateline=140

I'm at Odds and Ends Detailing and he has a guy here that is doing vinyl and air brushing. You can call here and get a price. Kenneth is the guy here that's doing it.

Hmmm...interesting, I know who to call first when I decide on my stripes!

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

for anyone who doesnt already know this, bonnet and boot stripes are the same thing, just stuck on different parts of the car. Ive never seen anyone put "boot" stipes on a roadster/coupe. If thats the route your gonna take dont buy the facotry stripes. Because of the odd shape of the boot I would recommend going custom. I would not suggest cutting and piecing/stretch together factory stipes into a shape its not ment to be.