GotMINI

Recent ECU/Dyno Tuning

Has anyone out there had a recent tune done ? I am looking for a reputable shop that has a good track record. I am willing to do some traveling to find the right shop. Let me know ?

Thanks,

Geno

With RMW, he does remote tunes because he's based in California. Not many shops really tune MINIs though.

I found BEHE Performance in Beltsville, John the tech they have been tuning Mini's since 2002. I am going by and check out the shop. I will let you know.

What does RMW charge for a tune by the way ? If he is doing tunes remotely, obviously you need to have software system installed. That can be very pricy in the beginning. And if I am not mistaken you will need to have an additional O2 sensor installed for tunes only.

Geno

image.php?u=888&type=sigpic&dateline=136

I found BEHE Performance in Beltsville, John the tech they have been tuning Mini's since 2002. I am going by and check out the shop. I will let you know.
Don't mention DCMM to John. BEHE Performance (formerly Lucky Dog Garage) used to be a DCMM vendor many years ago, but we had an unfortunate situation occur (scheduling conflict with an event he had planned with us) that caused relations to sour with him. It was very regrettable, and it caused us to change our event scheduling policy to try to prevent conflicts and having events step on each other.

I will say this - John is very talented and definitely knows what he's doing. :top:

As for Jan / Revolution Motor Works, he too is very good at tuning MINIs, but as stated he is based in California. A couple times in the past we have managed to get enough people signed up for him to visit us for a few days and tune our MINIs in person, in partnership with Mach V Motorsports in Sterling, using their dyno. My MINI was one of the ones tuned... easily the best bang for the buck mod I have made, performance-wise. However, I strongly recommend making all of your planned engine-related performance mods first and doing the tune at the end, for maximum benefit (regardless of who does the tune - John, Jan or otherwise).

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Thanks for the heads up. I will make sure not to mention my affiliation with DCMM. Funny, I have noticed in the Mini world that there seems to be a few personality conflicts.

The person (company who built my head and cam) seems to have had a falling out with Jan from RMW years back. And as the story goes, Jan will not touch or tune anything that this company has built.

As the famous saying goes, "Can't we all just get along !"

Who suffers, the Mini world ! We have to navigate through the conflicts to attain the ultimate goal, Fun for Us !

image.php?u=888&type=sigpic&dateline=136

I have a 2009 JCW and got RENNTech in Florida to tune my ECU. It is absolutely fantastic. Lenny, the tuner, called me from Florida to discuss my car, any mods, and expectations. The tune increased my engine output by about 40 HP. Several months later, I still grin from ear to ear when I drive my baby. I whole heartedly would recommend RENNTech. I believe they also have a tune for an R56 S.