agranger

Need help from someone in DC, near White House

Howdy all!

Who the heck is this guy? My name is Aaron and I know about DC Metro MINIs from my trips to the Dragon and from the national MINI boards (I'm partial to Motoring Alliance 'cause Nathan is a friend of mine, but I spent way too many hours on NAM as well :D ). I owned my R53, Jango, for 7 years before having to sell him for a move from Dallas to San Francisco. I've also been on some great runs w/ a DCMM member, Haemish, while at the Dragon.

My need: I know it's a strange request, but I'm in need of someone from in the Washington DC area... someone who would be down near the White House (1 block north of the White House grounds), Mon-Friday during business hours. I now live near San Francisco, California, so it's not easy for me. I need you to go to the lobby of a law firm on I street and pick up a bobblehead for my wife! :stupid:

Here's the story: My wife subscribes to a legal publication called "The Green Bag". Every year, they make a series of bobbleheads of supreme court justices. They are free with the subscription, but you can only get one if you take your certificate and show up at a law firm's office during business hours. They don't ship 'em... it is a pick it up in person or forget about it kind of thing. My wife has a collection of 'em, but the person who has helped us for the past few years has moved, so I'm stuck.

In return for your time and energy, I will be forever grateful. As an expression of my thanks, I would be very happy to:

1. I'll send you a check for $30 (plus the return shipping cost) so you can have a nice lunch on me.

2. I'll send you a delicacy of your choice from San Francisco or perhaps a bottle of wine from Napa. There are also some great microbrews up this way that may not be available on the east coast. A chocolate fan? I can set you up! Got another idea, let me know!

3. If you are going to do MINI Takes The States (it starts in San Francisco, this July), I'll offer up 1 night in a twin-size sofa bed, along with secure parking and transport from the airport (10-15 minute drive from my house). I could also be a receiving point if you want to ship your MINI out here to start the drive... I'll meet the driver and take delivery of your MINI so it will be ready for you when I pick you up at the airport.

How it works: I'd mail the certificate to you... you then pick up the bobble head at your own convenience (no massive rush... in the next month or so would be nice, so you have some flexibility in time) and mail it back to me.

Thank you all for your time.

Edited by agranger
  • Like 1

I can help you, I work a few blocks from there. I'll PM you

Happy to help :top:

Because Ali has been so cool, I'm going to open up my offer to all DCMM members:

If you are going to do MINI Takes the States 2014 (July 26 to Aug 10, 2014) and you want to ship your MINI to the starting point and fly out to San Francisco (the starting point of the event), I will be happy to be the receiver of your car. I'll even drive it out to SFO airport (or a BART station, if you want to fly into Oakland or another Bay Area airport) to pick you up on your arrival. Your car will be kept either in a locked garage or a gated condo complex until you arrive and, if you ask nicely, I could have it washed for you. I only have a few parking spaces, so the first 2 people to contact me will be at the top of the list.

MTTS: http://www.tpgevents.com/registration/minitakesthestates2014/index.cfm

942752_511877178901069_1412182339_n.jpg