TGGRRR (Ali)

For new attendees of the Dragon

It came to my attention that with all of our Dragon brains we don't mention the date of the Dragon here.

MINIs on the Dragon is always the first weekend of May and it starts on the Wed prior. Many of us go the entire week

The official website is

http://minisonthedragon.com/

Accommodations are difficult in Fontana Village but if you book early enough (like now) you can get within 15 - 20 miles of the location.

Any newbies that have questions please post them here

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

So ... will there be a DCMM meet-up on Tuesday, April 29th, for the drive down? And then another for the drive back on May 4th?

People go down on different days but almost everyone goes home on Sunday.

Usually smaller caravans get arranged. The trip is 550 miles each way and I personally don't like a huge caravan for that long. You get into more road rage issues. My husband Mark and I actually spend two days heading down but come back in one day. I hate that drive home...

When we get closer, there will be caravans forming up. We organize it in the MOTD thread or the clubhouse. Some people don't want to advertise on a public forum when they are leaving for vacation so then it gets organized in the clubhouse for privacy.

Caravans can be 2 - 3 cars and rarely over 10 for this trip

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

People go down on different days but almost everyone goes home on Sunday.

Usually smaller caravans get arranged. The trip is 550 miles each way and I personally don't like a huge caravan for that long. You get into more road rage issues. My husband Mark and I actually spend two days heading down but come back in one day. I hate that drive home...

When we get closer, there will be caravans forming up. We organize it in the MOTD thread or the clubhouse. Some people don't want to advertise on a public forum when they are leaving for vacation so then it gets organized in the clubhouse for privacy.

Caravans can be 2 - 3 cars and rarely over 10 for this trip

My husband and I will be heading up on Wednesday and returning on Sunday.