RDG_RCR

Photo blog thread

Hey Jono

I always enjoy your work. These are great shots, my favorite is the timed exposure. It draws me in with the ghostly shadows and the tunnel. Your eye gets drawn right into that black hole of a tunnel. It works really well :top:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Finally got out with the camera (and pulled the pictures off the camera)... The Occoquan River was really looking great after the rain storms two weeks ago - sadly I wasn't happy with any of the pictures I took of it.

I did get some good shots at the USMC Museum in Quantico though-

This one's my favorite-

9345092003_7941e00ee3_z.jpg

9347881730_f3db8087b1_z.jpg

Thinking about a trip down to Solomons Island this weekend if the weather is decent to shoot the lighthouses. Haven't been back there since one of the first runs the club made there back in 2003...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those are awesome this first one look like you right next to the soldiers in combat awesome job

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Hey Jono

I always enjoy your work. These are great shots, my favorite is the timed exposure. It draws me in with the ghostly shadows and the tunnel. Your eye gets drawn right into that black hole of a tunnel. It works really well :top:

thanks so much, Ali!!!!

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Very nice shots...

I love the contrast of the black and white images - but my eyes keep getting pulled away from the flowers and to the horizon where the trees meet the sky. It seems to glow a bit which is distracting to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's one of the best reproductions of Flickr's "This photo is unavailable" message I've seen in a really long time! :rock:

:laugh:

:rofl::rofl:

Fine work there

poop, I can see it :(
I can see it too. Proof: It's an extreme close up (I guess the term is macro?) photo of a fly. You can even see the individual tiny spots that make up its eyes.

I don't know why Michael & Ali can't see it, but it works for me! (and it has since you first posted it, before Michael & Ali's posts). You didn't do anything wrong when you posted it. :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

This image or video is currently unavailable

then it repeats it in several languages

I think I've seen that image before from Jono and it's a nice one.

It must be something wrong with your ISP then, because I can still see it (from my work connection).

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

It must be something wrong with your ISP then, because I can still see it (from my work connection).

So then I go to Flikr and BLAM

Huge awesome macro of the fly by Jono. I don't think it's a problem with my ISP, but it is an odd issue

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

It's not working for me either - no firewall, using Chrome, tried Exploder...
OK, after seeing Steph's post, I decided to do a thorough test. Normally I use Firefox to browse DCMM, and I was seeing the image. So I tried the following:

Chrome - failure

IE - failure

Opera - failure

Safari - failure

The above results made me suspicious, because there's no good reason why it should work in Firefox but none of the above 4. That's when I thought "maybe it worked earlier, but it's still in Firefox's cache?".

Sure enough... I cleared Firefox's cache, and now it doesn't show up there either. So the true answer is that it used to work earlier today, now it doesn't.

Jono - I think that's happening to you too. If you clear your browser's cache and then refresh the page, you'll probably see it fail. Something about the Flickr link you used worked earlier today, but doesn't now.

Does this work?

9402099449_af8e3a09ba_b.jpg

Yes, but not for an embedded image link. You have to link directly to the image itself in order for embedded image links to work in the forums.